Close

Thread: 39 Lincoln 6

Builder Last Online: Feb 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-16-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I've taken a few pics to show you the engine in progress. It's taken me a while to get the engine back to square one but it's pretty much where i left off with the first attempt. There's still a lot of clean up to do to get it looking right. The pics are as follows:

1) This is the front of the engine. You can see how similar the Ford V8 is to the Lincoln V12. The parts though are not interchangeable.

2) These are the water pumps. They're not completely finished and I'll show why they're not in two other pics.

3) This is the crankshaft pulley with the vibration damper. I used 00-90 39 Lincoln 6 bolts for the adjusters and 1/2 millimeter bolts from Scale Hardware around the inside. The center bolt is a 2-56 39 Lincoln 6 bolt and nut. This part also needs a bit of cleanup.

4 and 5) These two pics show the advantage of using a good close up, high resolution camera. Up close, you can really see the defects on the water pump pulley that have to be cleaned up. They'll be sanded and resprayed. Even though you think you may never see those defects once the engine is mounted, the camera never lies. Each part must stand up to the close up scrutiny so the final product will photograph right. You'll never know what will pop up unexpectedly when you get that money shot. The red arrow shows the heated water inlet found on the post 1938 engines.

6) The last pic is just another one of the damper and pulley.

More to come

Build Photos

39 Lincoln 6-linc-30-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-31-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-32-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-33-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-34-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-35-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    I've taken a few pics to show you the engine in progress. It's taken me a while to get the engine back to square one but it's pretty much where i left off with the first attempt. There's still a lot of clean up to do to get it looking right. The pics are as follows:

1) This is the front of the engine. You can see how similar the Ford V8 is to the Lincoln V12. The parts though are not interchangeable.

2) These are the water pumps. They're not completely finished and I'll show why they're not in two other pics.

3) This is the crankshaft pulley with the vibration damper. I used 00-90 39 Lincoln 6 bolts for the adjusters and 1/2 millimeter bolts from Scale Hardware around the inside. The center bolt is a 2-56 39 Lincoln 6 bolt and nut. This part also needs a bit of cleanup.

4 and 5) These two pics show the advantage of using a good close up, high resolution camera. Up close, you can really see the defects on the water pump pulley that have to be cleaned up. They'll be sanded and resprayed. Even though you think you may never see those defects once the engine is mounted, the camera never lies. Each part must stand up to the close up scrutiny so the final product will photograph right. You'll never know what will pop up unexpectedly when you get that money shot. The red arrow shows the heated water inlet found on the post 1938 engines.

6) The last pic is just another one of the damper and pulley.

More to come
    Jeff, this is coming out VEEEERY well, man...

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Dog gone it Jeff - now I have to remake my 1932 water pumps! They can't stand up to this scrutiny. May have to remake all the 32 stuff.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Don't remake any of those 32 Ford parts Syd. They can stand up to the scrutiny just fine. The camera is nothing more than a tool, a great magnifier that I use before I consider a part finished. It's just a part of the procedure. My eyes aren't good enough to pic up all the boboos. When the work looks good under the microscope, I know it looks good to the naked eye.

39 Lincoln 6
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I've done the corrections after careful review of the first set of pics and resprayed the offending parts. Here are the results. You can see how much better the parts look up close and they should look correct when bolted onto the engine front.

39 Lincoln 6
    Attached Images Attached Images 39 Lincoln 6-linc-38-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-39-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-36-jpg  39 Lincoln 6-linc-37-jpg 
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Poyfict!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #7