Close

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-27-06 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Our illustrious moderator Rick told me to put this under tips and techniques so in an effort to keep him from pointing out the error of my ways, here goes...
      First, carefully score along the bottom edge of the upper belt line. Go slowly and make a number of passes with the blade......I use a #11 blade...yeah I've seen the surgical blades but I'm comfortable with what I use. Make a vertical cut up to the belt line. (If you are not opening the doors and want to avoid the seam in the rear quarter panel, make top upper cut all the way to the rear of the door jamb).
      BTW...it's not your meds or T many martoonies...the pic IS blurry.

Next....slide the section you cut out up under the body and trace along the bottom edge of the belt line.

Cut along the line you traced on the cut out piece.

If you've be careful and taken your time the cut line under the upper belt line will be hardly visable...the vertical cut will require a little filler...you can heat weld the panel from behind or cut a styrene Move that wheel well up. panel and glue it on the back side of the body.

Last step is to glue a strip of styrene Move that wheel well up. from the bottom of the raised wheel well to the front of the body following the the lower belt line of the original body and then cut off the original belt line (see tutorial on easy sectioning).

Now what's so hard about that? You just sectioned a Deuce and only have one seam to fill....cause I'm old and I hate sanding Move that wheel well up. !
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Now that's what I call a tip and technique. Thanks so much Don. I'll make you proud.l: l: l:
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I was going to put this one in a PM to Don but the result I had after using the tutorial was amazing. This is the easiest way I have ever seen to raise a wheel well with minimal cuts, minimal sanding Move that wheel well up. , maximum fit, shorter working time than pulling a hunk out of the middle of the body and precise part fit with just about zero filler. It makes the rest of the sectioning a breeze. The trick to making this mod successful as Don had said, is to take your time first with the cutting, then with the process of fitting and adjusting the cut surfaces so the pieces go back with almost no space at the join and finally good gluing Move that wheel well up. technique so you don't wind up with a mess. I've moved my wheel wells and now I'll be doing the rest of the section. Pics to follow in my deuce garage.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Glad it worked well for you HFC, makes me feel good when I can pass a little something along. I screwed up a couple of bodies in and effort to get maximum results with minimal effort on that one.......I've done it the hard way and never was really happy with the results.l:
    Remember guys...if you are not going to have opening doors, you can eliminate that vertical cut in the body as well.

Move that wheel well up.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Believe me, I was dreading doing it the hard way. If the sectioning technique is done right, you don't even need to relocate the door hinges. I don't have to worry about the interior parts because they will all be scratchbuilt to fit. Unfortunately, with the 40 Ford top, I'll have to relocate the whole door opening to accommodate the top pillars. That's not going to be difficult at all. I just glue a styrene Move that wheel well up. rod into the door lines and sand Move that wheel well up. . Poof--gone. I'm also going to suicide the doors.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Cool.........I expect no less than functional door latches, Hee, Hee.

Move that wheel well up.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    The latches will be functional. The doors of course won't open but it'll definitely have functional door latches. Hee hee.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7