Close

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    This had to be one of the most difficult things I ever had to do on this site but it had to be done. There were a total of 15 engines for me to evaluate in three individual categories and I was only allowed to pick 3 engines as winners. Each entry was outstanding in it's own right and there was not one engine that was considered to be less than sterling. I evaluated each engine on it's own merits regardless of who the builders were so there was no favoritism at all. I also decided to eliminate the best of show prize because one builder would necessarily have won two prizes. I did however add one category and that was "most original subject" or in other words the most unique entry in the group. Therefore, there are 4 winners. And here they are. My congratulations to the winners and everyone that entered.

BOX STOCK Official Engine Building Contest Winners --

The Ferarri F40 engine from the Pocher Kit. Winner is Ton

MODIFIED/SUPERDETAILED--This was the most difficult to judge since all the entries were gorgeous.

The Citroen Engine by Heller. Winner is Mario Lucchini

FULLY SCRATCHBUILT--

Mercedes engine. Winner is xken

MOST ORIGINAL SUBJECT--

Heavily modified Jag race engine. Winner is donsrods1.

We'll definitely have another one of these kind of contest. It's amazing to see how much talent we can pull out of the woods.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Lancair IV's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rob
    Congrats to the winners. You guys really deserve it.

Cheers
    Rob Byrnes
    Novi, Mi.

On the Bench
    1:48 Monogram B-17 Flying Fortress (Extreem Detail)
    Scratch build Lancair 235

In the planning Stages
    1:48 US WWII Bombers B-26, B-29

Recently Completed
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-36 Apache
    1:48 Tamiya P-51D
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    The Ferarri F40 engine from the Pocher Kit. Winner is Ton
    Is there a better way to start a new day Thanks very much to the judge(s) and I feel really honoured by this award

Thanks again

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Mercedes engine. Winner is xken
    Thank you for your rewarding my efforts on the Mercedes engine. In reviewing the entries I second you comments on the fact that all entries were sterling efforts and that you indeed had a difficult task. My true reward is seeing and learning from the efforts of others here.

Best regards to all and keep up the great work all are doing.

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!.....

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    As soon as I coordinate the prizes with Don, Dan and Rick, we'll start getting them out to you guys.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Well done Jeff! Consider yourself the yearly engine build contest guy.......Many thanks from Dan, Rick and yours truly for stepping up to the plate and handling this gig while we were involved with other stuff. I'll be mailing you a first place (for above and beyond the call of duty) prize as a token of our appreciation.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    I 2nd that. Absolutely GREAT effort on everyone involved.

Jeff email me and we'll get those prizes out.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks guys. This so far was the toughest thing I had to do but it was very enjoyable. I'll definitely be the yearly guy for this contest. got to see some really fantastic building up close and personal and if that's not a real learning experience, I don't know what is. I'l get with you Dan and we'll figure out what we have. I still have to figure out who gets the custom made engine. I'll have to be on my toes no matter who gets it. All the winners cn easily out build me
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. whodaky's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Geoff
    Congratulations to all those involved. Some truly amazing models!
    Geoff aka whodaky
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Jeff....let me help out a bit here with the prize thing so we can button this up.

donsrods1 will be getting a new 1/6th 20'' low rider bicycle kit (don't ask)....his mind lives in a very strange place, hee, hee.

I also have a "Liberty" factory built and painted 350 street engine...provided by Rick.

That's 2......your custom built engine is 3.
    Rattle Dan's cage for the 4th prize....perhaps a gift certificate to the SMC store.
    Let me know who to send the Liberty to...no postal change within the U.S.

As far as your custom engine goes...you can lay awake at nite or let me put the winners in a hat and draw one to get the engine you build.
    BTW........Your built engine is the GRAND PRIZE, quit being so humble.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Aww shucks Don. I'm blushing. Fooey, we don't have a blushing smilie.

The middle of this week has been a bit busy for me with appointments so now things have slowed down a bit. Now that I know what we've got for prizes, I can figure out who should get what. Donsrod1 gets the exact prize he needs. He won that category because what he builds is so unique that it deserves recognition. He thinks way out of the box and reminds me of another Ed Roth when he did the Beatnik Bandit, the Mysterion and the Outlaw. If you give him an engine, a vacuum cleaner and a shopping cart, he can build a wild dragster that would win show competitions. That's a very good thing. I'll ask Dan about an SMC gift certificate and see if he'll go for that. From there, I know who gets what. I'll let you know by email and then I'll post the results.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12