Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Feb 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 01-17-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hey...This is not really a WIP Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly ...I'm just going to highlight some steps I'm taking in before I commit to a full build. I am waiting to see what aftermarket items become available and waiting for warmer temperatures.

Here's whats going on:
      Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-652-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-650-jpg

I've got all the body parts ready to be stripped of paint..I'm not happy with the finish, there are already chipped paint on the edges, some of the metal needs to filed (rough edges) There is a scratch on the front clip. There are ejector pin marks Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly that need to be filled..and some of the masking Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly was a bit "wonky" in some places...Also I see contaminates that got on to the paint. Further more..the plastic parts are painted on one side only.

I want the car to be Matte Black (Nero Nemesis)..The paint has been ordered from Scale Finishes (4 bottles)

Airbrush Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly :
      Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-634-jpg

These are my weapons of choice...Iwata Micron C+...and Iwata HP-TR2. The trigger one will do most of the large parts and the other for the smaller parts and detailing

Paint stripping:
      Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-662-jpg

Hopefully this will do the trick.

Textured paint:
      Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-626-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-628-jpg

This is Valspar Make it Suede spray paint on Aoshima Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly 's 1/24 Aventador...I like the scale and texture .....great for the "heads" and airbox on the 1/8 Aventador...painted black of course. The can sprays even and fine and masks clean.

Finally the seat issue:

Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-620-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-657-jpg

Look how low the logo is on this one

That's it for now...
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Mpfiend's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Keith
    Renato, I'll be following your progress.That figure looks very nice indeed.Best RegardsKeith.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    If you ask me: make it a full WIP Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly thread. I'm sure that many members would love to follow your work step by step.
    Cheers,
    ...........Lutz.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Blacklion213's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Lutz
    Quote Originally Posted by superfly View Post
    Textured paint:

This is Valspar Make it Suede spray paint on Aoshima Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly 's 1/24 Aventador...I like the scale and texture .....great for the "heads" and airbox on the 1/8 Aventador...painted black of course. The can sprays even and fine and masks clean.
    That paint looks awesome. Where did you find it?

I looked for "Valspar Make it Suede" on google but all it came up with was "Valspar Brushed Suede". There's no mention of a Suede Spray on the Valspar homepage, either.

I would greatly appreciate a link or some info where you purchased it.
    Cheers,
    ...........Lutz.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. STARK's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    SarV
    I am excited to follow your WIP Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly . Great that you finally started a thread. Shame you won't be getting right on with it due to weather and transkit but will be worth the wait.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Dave J's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    I will be watching for sure! Interested to hear more about that scale paint... Do you apply any varnish over the top once painted?
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Valspar may have called differently here...I haven't painted or cleared over suede paint yet...but its durable...I painted those parts a year ago...they been tossed around in the box loose.

Krylon also makes a different STONE effect spray paint...this one was much finer than the one we've seen.
    It might work 1/8 too...if you can't get the suede.

Its called Krylon Natural Stone

Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly
    Last edited by superfly; 01-17-14 at 06:37 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. STARK's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    SarV
    Is there a substitute for Castrol Super Clean Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly ? It is not available here in NZ.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Sorry Stark..Im not sure if they go buy any other name but Super Clean....its sold as degreaser.

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    A quick update on the paint stripping:

This powder coat paint is extremely difficult to take off..The Super Clean did not take it off!
    I manage to find this product GOOF OFF -Graffiti Remover.

Results:
    Goof Off Graffiti Remover slowly strips layer by layer of paint....it is safe on metal BUT NOT ON PLASTIC! (will harm most plastics)
    I had good results stripping the metal door but it takes time. I manage to get right down to the bare metal...
    In better (warmer) temperatures I'm sure it will work quicker...my garage is around -1C.
    Also on the next pieces i will used scotch brite pads to rough the paint up so the stripper penetrates better.

I had to stop because I'm not set up properly for this stuff (Goof Off)
    I will need gloves, mask and safety goggles....plus scotch brite pads, steel brush and large foil trays to put the parts in.
    The plastic bins might melt.

As far as the plastic painted parts...I will have to scotch brite them and just prime over it...then paint.
    Unless i find one that safe on plastics.....the Super Clean didn't take the paint off these either!
    I noticed that some off the parts are painted black..eg. the rims...but again....paint on the one side.

This is going to take time but it will get done.

Last edited by superfly; 01-18-14 at 08:50 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    Try Simple Green on the plastics - it strips acrylic Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly , enamel Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly and lacquer Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly paints (roughen up the surface on lacquers first) and doesn't attack plastic.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Jo...I will definitely try Simple Green on the plastics..

Update:

Stripping the metal body parts are coming along nicely...slowly..but definitely getting to the raw metal..
    Should have some pics up by tomorrow.
    Its very messy..you definitely need a respirator and thick gloves...I used cheap foil roasting pans (3 pans) to catch all the stripped paint...covered them over with a garabage bag while its doing its thing.
    After i just throw out all the trays....no cleaning

QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. superfly's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Renato
    Small Update:
    Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-006-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-001-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-002-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-003-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-004-jpgPocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly-005-jpg

Some minor areas which need filing in the front clip area...(seam line) Ejector pin marks Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly need filling and sanding Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly .
    Its taking longer to strip the monocoque and the back half...the weather has dropped to -20C.

I haven't found anything to strip the plastic parts yet...Super Clean...and Simple Green...hasn't budged it.
    This paint is bomb proof!!

I've tried stripping a sample of their chrome plating and that too is difficult!
    I might have to e-mail Pocher and find out what paint and process did they use.

I'll continue with the rest of the metal parts...for now.

QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Guiddy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Daniel
    Very useful to know, it's a nice clean finish.
    I'll be wet polishing my Pocher paintwork this week and if that goes wrong mine will also soon look like yours!
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    Have you tried bleach Pocher Lamborghini Aventador by Superfly on the chrome?
    QUOTE QUOTE #15