Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-30-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Here are some update shots of the stroller..This is all done with a drill press welder and basic hand tools and no machine work ...what ever we can find in the scrap box.. the coils are from an electric wheel chair and the moon tank is made from 2 broken aluminum ball bats...Talk about "field expedience" May not be true to scale but its still cool.... more to come..

41 Willys pick up stroller-img243-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img244-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img245-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img247-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img248-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img249-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img250-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img251-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img252-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img254-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img255-jpg

41 Willys pick up stroller
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Stopped by my buddies to check on the stroller build..Here are a couple of pics of the progress..

41 Willys pick up stroller-img433-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img434-jpg Going to try to have the body in primer 41 Willys pick up stroller by April 13th "Big Daddy" Don Garlits is going to be at our local strip with the one of the old front engine "Swamp Rats" (actually going make some short passes) so he wants to take his grandson and tote him around in the stroller..

Last edited by chassisdude; 02-15-13 at 07:27 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #32

2. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I was thinking about this build earlier today. It's looking really cool, glad you caught us up man. That's one lucky young lad, cruising the strip in a sweet ride with grandpa AND might get to meet Big Daddy Don Gartlits. Gotta admit, I'm kinda jealous!

Rock on little man!!!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #33

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Stopped by my buddies tonight and saw the stroller...few updated pics of progress.. Templates for the firewall and inners... and a shot of the bottom end ... thought this looked cool hes gone a little nutty with working lights front and rear and get this...the electric fan on the radiator actually works..(not sure why)

41 Willys pick up stroller-img461-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img462-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img463-jpg

Last edited by chassisdude; 02-28-13 at 09:08 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #34

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Why? You ask why? I say why not! This thing is gonna be his first chick wagon!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #35

5. Big John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Insane Dude!!! This really should be a 15 speed peddle car instead of a stroller. How about some disc brakes with cable control on the push bar?
    QUOTE QUOTE #36

6. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Big John View Post
    Insane Dude!!! This really should be a 15 speed peddle car instead of a stroller. How about some disc brakes with cable control on the push bar?
    Thats probably next

I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #37

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    A 55 Nomad Gasser as a pedal car!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #38

8. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Sadly my friend Steve has been hospitalized..Almost lost a leg due to Diabetes ...He is getting better but wont be able to work on the stroller for a good bit..I will try to help him finish it in the coming weeks ..He had plans to take it out on its maiden "stroll" with his grandson at one of the big Mopar events In Ga. on June 6th so ill do my best to see if we cant meet that deadline...

I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #39

9. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Being a diabetic myself, that scares the hell out of me! My prayers are with him!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #40

10. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Thanks bud...

QUOTE QUOTE #41

11. D-Stroke's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rick
    Man o Man Mich. The 41 is coming out so fine, great work brother, just outstanding .
    QUOTE QUOTE #42

12. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    My buddy finally finished the 41 Willys stroller for his grand son..here are a few pics

41 Willys pick up stroller-img826-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img824-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img827-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img830-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img835-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img831-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img825-jpg41 Willys pick up stroller-img829-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #43

13. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    I feel a twinge of jealousy. Nice stroller!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #44

14. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Grandson is spoiled! Wow!
    QUOTE QUOTE #45