Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 12-16-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi guys, I am new here and wanted to show you a one off 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off body I am working on. I made it from scratch from Styrene 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off . I am planning on many more models/makes because this one came out pretty good. What do you think?

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! Nice work. If you have more photo's feel free to post them with a description of what you did and how you did it. Please, when you do your next build, do it as a tutorial, we can all learn from you.

Welcome aboard!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Excellent....as Rick mentioned, we'd love to see more and welcome to the forum.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. MADD FABRICATOR's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Richard D. Zimmerman
    Welcome to the group. This site is just becoming very well endowed with some serious scratch building. By all means show us more of your great craftsmanship. Photos and tutorials are always most welcome.
    CHEERZZZ !!!!! (MF)
    NEVER argue with an IDIOT, for he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience !!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. miked.'s Avatar Active Member
    Santa I want one under the tree 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off !!!! Cool truck and looks dead on!!! Show us more.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    How the heck did I miss this yesterday?? That's one fantastic Willys body. You did an absolutely first rate job. Welcome to the forum and hope to see more of your great work.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. vancraft's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks guys, the next one I do will have alot more pics, as this was my first one and I seemed to work rather than take pics. I am going to do a 36 chevy truck next, as I own one. What car/make do you guys just really want to be produced? I need some ideas to help me decide.

1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by vancraft View Post
    What car/make do you guys just really want to be produced? I need some ideas to help me decide.

Did he just say that? Oh how the mind wonders. How can I possibly pick just one. Lets see, um..... Dusenberg model J, Na to big, Isseta, nope thats just silly.

OK Its not a pickup but anything that looks like this would be perfect for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-1925_rolls-royce_phantom_aerodynamic_coupe_makes_l_a__appearance-1-gif 
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. vancraft's Avatar Active Member
    Hmm, that is a good challenge. I was thinking more along the lines of 30's/40's american iron but that works too. A Chrysler Airflow picks 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off my interest at the moment.

1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. miked.'s Avatar Active Member
    I will take a 33-34 Ford coupe? Please!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    I second that - a 1934 three window coupe with the original flathead and mechanical brakes.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I like what Dan picked. Anything from the Pebble Beach group is good with me.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Vancraft, my choice would be whatever sparks your imagination.
    If you are doing one off 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off builds your only limitation would be something that will hold your interest through the many hours of construction. There are members here on the forum that have the capability to cast bodies. If you have any interest in that give me a yell.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Do you plan on sticking with "square" bodied builds or are you going to challenge yourself with something more traditional? Also, are you going to put a chassis and running gear under the Willys?
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Vancraft,
    Just out of curiosity, did you build your Willys by eye, or were you able to find scale drawings of it somewhere? If so, where do you find your references? I am really wanting to do a 1970-72 Camaro, but I have been unable to find good reference for it.
    Keep up the good work, it looks amazing!
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday
    QUOTE QUOTE #15