Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 12-16-08 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi guys, I am new here and wanted to show you a one off 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off body I am working on. I made it from scratch from Styrene 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off . I am planning on many more models/makes because this one came out pretty good. What do you think?

1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    Did he just say that? Oh how the mind wonders. How can I possibly pick just one. Lets see, um..... Dusenberg model J, Na to big, Isseta, nope thats just silly.

OK Its not a pickup but anything that looks like this would be perfect for me.
    Ewwww
    A cross breeding between an elegant Rolls Royce and a Chrysler Air Flow is just wrong!
    Even if this predates the AirFlow by 10 years. Some combinations may be funny, but leave you feeling that your eyes have been violated.
    Like an Isetta and a MACK cab over. < Shudder >
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. vancraft's Avatar Active Member
    I did happen to find one site that had scale drawings, but I could only use about 50 percent of the drawing. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and computer design so I did the rest by looking at about 100 pictures of different angles and making my own scale drawing. The next body I am going to do is going to be a more "round" car. I would love to put a chassis under it and motor but where am I going to find a willys inline 6? I would love to have casts made, actually a dream come true if it could be done.

QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hold that thought....I'll drop you a line this afternoon and we'll chat a little about perhaps casting 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off a few bodies......

Dreams have a way of coming true here at ScaleMotorcars Jeff.
    Last edited by Don Garrett; 12-20-08 at 08:23 AM.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Daytonatim's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Do you work in 2d or in 3d Vancraft?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, lick it once and you will suck forever.....!!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. vancraft's Avatar Active Member
    No 3-d yet, Doing it all by blueprints and my eyeball.

QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman

If you like eyeballing...
    http://www.bugattibuilder.com
    http://www.bugattiregister.com
    http://www.stolenclassiccarregister.com - Subscribe now and receive notifications when a classic is stolen!
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. vancraft's Avatar Active Member
    In the process of doing a 1936 Chevrolet truck, I am going to be doing a cab, grill, and bed. Also a frame but I am not going to do fenders or running boards at this time. I have a 36 chevy hot 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off rod and I used all early ford for suspension so the revell 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off 32 kit or T should work to finish it off. If it comes out nice, I am going to start offering it if the mold process works.

QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. Keep it up! the Willys looks fantastic!!
    It's a fine line between stupid and cleaver....
    David St. Hubbins "Spinal Tap"
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. kev7's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kevin
    Hi,
    That is a beautiful model!
    I have been looking for that same truck for years! I know it is a 1 /8 scale but what would the dimensions be?
    Would you ever consider selling it or building another to sell in 1/18 scale?
    I am going to try to attach some pictures of my truck. 52 willys pickup
    I only joined this site to chat with you. After searching the site for over a year looking for model of my truck, I have finally found one
    I am interested in purchasing
    Hope to hear back from you
    Let me knowif you can see the pics tried to add to this Message
    Thank you
    Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-img_20140323_132511-1-jpg 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-img_00000345-jpg 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-52-willys-1-1-1-jpg 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-52-willys-1-1-jpg 1/8 scale 52 Willys Pickup one off-img_20140323_132531-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    That is some awesome craftsmanship...Looks to be very accurate.. Great job man..
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. kev7's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kevin
    Hi,
    Does anyone know where I would be able to get a 1952 willys pickup truck? Just like this 1/8 model. By the way this model is incredible! Great would!
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. VC LOCOMOBILE's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Frank
    amazing work on the body and paint-cant wait to see the 36 chevy.....check out ''headquake'' on youtube this guy is really into building scratch jeep bodies for RC
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Calmodler's Avatar Member
    Name
    Randy
    Vancraft,

I am new to the forum and am in Southern California. That photo of the RR with the amazing body is owned by the Peterson Museum (in LA) and was on display at the La Jolla Motor Car Classic here in San Diego a couple of years back. We get some amazing cars here as now we are referred to as Pebble Beach South (only smaller) with the beautiful marques featured here. It is growing into a very hi end concourse show now going into our 14th year.

It is a car lovers display of all types and marques from present (New RR's, Lambos, McClarens, Bentleys etc., etc.) to years gone past. We have a nice display of Brass era through the classics of the 50-60's era. Something for everyone.

I noticed that the original thread when you did the Willys was in 08. What are you working on now? And what area of the country are you located?
    Randy
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    "Headquake's" work is featured a lot on http://scalebuildersguild.com/ and there may be some build threads of this type of jeep there. Most of the work there is in 1/10 scale and made to go on a scratchbuilt RC truck chassis. There may be others on that site who have done this one too.
    QUOTE QUOTE #30