Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-21-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Just in case anyone missed the intro post, I will add just the most important things about these model I built some time ago.

First up was this Willys MB which I built out of aluminum, using a very simple plan for a paper model which went through a lot of corrections. I learned it's not the best one the hard way, when I started researching for other models and also hunting 1:1s because they are the ones that got me into building models. It sounds strange, but currently the prices for them are too high, we don't have any parts here and restoring one as it should be done is years away. For now, models will do just fine. Back to the model... After doing some of the 'easy' stuff a soon faced other problems. First I was lucky on finding a beginners airbrush 1:16 Willys MB & 3B (with a jar) and I was so happy, then it was the Olive Drab paint and the biggest problem the tires. I got them from my neighbor, who is now well over 70 and he has been in model buildings on and off his entire life. They are really bad, definetly wrong but they will stay for sentimental reasons. On to the pics...

I was very pleased with how it turned out, given the fact I was using just handtools and materials I could find home. During the search for some things I started building another popular Willys, the 3B.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. JeepMkd's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mite
    After the paint cured I glued the details like the fender flares, side markers and turn signals

Windshield frame and roll bar are still not glued in place

White doesn't look too bad as I thought it would. I love the carpet!

Here it is provisionally mounted on the chassis and with seats and dashboard.

As you can see, the wheels look terribly wrong and they are not staying here
    I have a big problem because I can't find proper wheels and tires for my Jeeps.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. JeepMkd's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mite
    I put the "glass" and the weather striping for the windshield.
    You can also see the headlights. Front end is now complete.

Now to make a salad and enjoy the evening...
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. JeepMkd's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Mite
    The YJ is nearly complete. Everything is in its final position but the dashboard. It will be glued permanently in place once I finish the gages.

A family shot - 1943 MB, 1953 CJ 3B and the 1993 YJ

QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Dougritt's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Douglas
    These Jeeps are really cool! I love that you built them all from scratch and now have several in the same scale...great job!
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. D-Stroke's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rick
    All i can say is WOW.
    QUOTE QUOTE #21