Close

Builder Last Online: Nov 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-13-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

This is my first finished model kit (1/16 Revell First Build In A Long Time CJ-7 Renegade) in longer than I can remember. I built this kit just to see if I could still competently build a model. I kept it simple, box stock First Build In A Long Time . Left the body in the molded color and brush painted the details. Didn't even clean up the mold lines First Build In A Long Time .

I learned that I have shaky hands. Makes detailing a challenge. I was steadying my hand with my fingers braced like a pinstriper and lots of concentration. I also used my magnifier a lot. Older eyes.

I also found that this is not a very good kit. There are unused holes in the body. The windshield is supposed to lay down on the hood. After installation of the wipers that doesn't happen and when the sideview mirrors are installed, the problem is compounded even more. The chrome was lousy. Large areas unplated. The wheels were the only decent chrome. Part fitment wasn't bad.

I learned some lessons. Which was my purpose in this build. The next will be much better. It will probably be awhile before I'm to the level of some I've seen here. But I think, with time and guidance from you all, I'll improve. I have fairly thick skin, so if there is something you see that needs improvement or a suggestion, don't be bashful.

First Build In A Long Time-revell-116th-jeep-cj-7-renegade-12-resized-jpg First Build In A Long Time-revell-116th-jeep-cj-7-renegade-6-resized-jpgFirst Build In A Long Time-revell-116th-jeep-cj-7-renegade-4-resized-jpgFirst Build In A Long Time-revell-116th-jeep-cj-7-renegade-2-resized-jpg

All in all, I'm pleased with the outcome.

Thanks for looking at my build! I truly appreciate it!

Have A Great Day!
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Looks to me like you're off to a great start Keith.......nice clean build. The only thing that I'd recommend changing is the plug wires.....they appear pretty heavy for 1/16th scale wires.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. BrassBuilder's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mike
    I agree. Looks good here too for being box stock First Build In A Long Time . I have that kit too...still in the box. Mine is the Jeep Golden Hawk version.
    Mike
    My website:
    http://www.firesteelhobbies.com/index.html

Feel free to look around. I have all of my projects on the website.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    You did a nice job there. Each attempt you make will improve with time. You're off to a great start.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4