Close

1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Aug 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-26-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

For the money ($120.00 including shipping from myAtomic.com) this Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR kit is outstanding. 500 parts including photo etched parts. I wanted a kit I could detail and this kit has such sharp molded parts there is little left to do but assemble.

I did try a little extra detail of adding brake lines. Could not fit them in the steering tunnel where I am sure they really go so just tacked them on the chassis bottom.

Build Photos

1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-53833717-rennsportii424040301115392778-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3139-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3142-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3136-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3132-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    This is why I would rather work at 1:8 scale. Note the size difference (the 935 u joints would normally be smaller in 1:1 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR but no where near this small in 1:8.) between the TDR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR u joints and the Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR u joints. Can't wait for TDR 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR to come out with more models.

But you gotta give Tamiya credit for their ultra sharp molding. I would like to buy American when I can but for detail Tamiya wins. I did not have to buy tiny bolts for the rear axel as the cast ones were perfect in scale and sharp edging.

Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Except for the two wires on the battery, the detail supplied on this Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR kit has been so complete that there has been little to add. I think there will be more room for adding things as the engine is finished and parts are started to be placed on the chassis.

Attached Images Attached Images 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3145-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3147-jpg  1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR-img_3148-jpg 
    Last edited by sydeem; 05-30-10 at 06:17 PM.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Those Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR kits are really worth the price you pay. That's looking great so far.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    It is difficult to find areas to add details as so much detail is already built in but here is an image of progress in some areas.

Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Fantastic Syd!!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Have to set the engine aside. I found that RB Motion has "banjo connectors" in 1/12. Need one for the waste gate cap and one for below the transmission. They should show up next week. I have added the line from an intercooler to the injector pump and a fuel line to same. Another line fron the waste gate cap side to the blower output pipe. So far I have not been able to figure out how to complete the throttle linkage assemble in this scale.

Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. robjos32's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    robert
    Your porsche is looking really good Syd.
    You can have any color you want, as long as it's black. Henry Ford
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That looks great. I had the 934 kit about 30 years ago but I never finished it.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    These Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Turbo RSR 1/12 kits are really great for detailing but I want to try the Trumpeter GT40 next. I have to clean up and sell one of my Pocher models on eBay before I can budget for one though. I didn't keep this thread up with my build as there are numerous threads of this model from builders far more advanced than me. Right now I am about to final fit the body to the chassis.

Build images are in my Gallery Album though if anyone is interested.

Last edited by sydeem; 06-12-10 at 02:35 PM.
    Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by sydeem View Post
    These Tamiya 1/12 kits are really great for detailing but I want to try the Trumpeter GT40 next. I have to clean up and sell one of my Pocher models on eBay before I can budget for one though. I didn't keep this thread up with my build as there are numerous threads of this model from builders far more advanced than me. Right now I am about to final fit the body to the to the chassis.

Build images are in my Gallery Album though if anyone is interested.
    Hey Syd!

Which Pocher models do you have for sale?..........I'm interested....

Cheers

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Finished. Sold my Pocher Fiat so a Trumpeter GT40 on order! Hooked on the 1/12 models for price and detail.

Syd
    QUOTE QUOTE #12