Close

Builder Last Online: Jul 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-02-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I saw a link in another thread and came across this Lamborghini Countach by Deagostini in 1/8 scale.
      http://www.model-space.com/us/build-...-countach.html
      Had anyone built any of their kits? Coming in at over $1400 over 24 months it seems quite pricey but some images I have seen look nice.
      Anyone have any experience building this kit, or any other from the company? Are they worth the price?
      Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    You can watch some on Youtube, there are also other DeAgostini-cars build there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. jquest64's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    I have watched them, I was hoping to find out from someone with hands on experience about their quality.

Anyone have any experience with Deagostini kits?
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    I built the McLaren and it was absolutely superb....................

Roy.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Haddewade's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Mark
    The only thing i heard about the Countach serie is that de delivery schould be, how schould i put it here, lousy? No u can say miserably ore even worse! Even in the UK.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. IanHenry's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Haddewade View Post
    The only thing i heard about the Countach serie is that de delivery schould be, how schould i put it here, lousy? No u can say miserably ore even worse! Even in the UK.
    Sorry Haddewade, I don't understand?

Ian
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    I built the McLaren MP4-25 a while back.
    Absolutely outstanding quality. The vast majority of DeAg kits are made by Kyosho - it's all over the parts packaging.

I had the model by subscription - faultless, always on time.
    I'm in the UK.

Roy.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. jquest64's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    Thanks for all the feedback. I just got shipping confirmation of my first order for the Countach so hopefully all goes well. Once I get a decent amount of orders in I will post build pics.
    roymattblack, I heard they worked with Kyosho but nothing concrete, thanks for this info. I love Kyosho's stuff.
    I did however have some issues that were not resolved so far. They listed a special on their FB page for free first order and $1.00 shipping for the entire order as they ship. I was still charged full price for shipping on the first order, and they charged me twice. Hopefully they resolve this. Huge difference between paying $24 for shipping versus $240. I contacted them, lets see how it goes.
    Really looking forward to this auto though, I dreamed of owning the real deal as a kid. This will have to suffice however.

Last edited by jquest64; 01-06-15 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling errors
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Mark Adams's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mark
    I have been building DeAg models for 4 years now. The kits are flawless, but if there is an issue, customer service is fantastic. I have my first set of Lambo parts in hand, and it is going to be a blast! I have NEVER had an issue with delivery. There can be problems with the "gifts" on ocassion, but that is gravy. I'm worried about the kit.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. jquest64's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    Got my first set of parts as well. It really is beautiful. The clarity of the markings on the front hood and rim is amazing. Just wish there was an option through Model Space to get parts quicker, the wait will kill me!! I am going to try and hold on to about four or five sets and then build. Try...

QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Eagle's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    David
    I have built the Senna Mclaren MP 4/4 and am currently building the Countach [up to installment #51] and the Shelby Mustang GT500[installment #12]; not all of these are engineered by Kyosho. Of the aforementioned three the Senna McLaren is the best quality in fit and finish. I've had some issues with DeAgostini USA on timeliness of their installments and bonus items that never came, I've been told they are new to the distribution and are overwhelmed. There are some minor paint issues on some of the Contact body parts that I was able to sand Anyone have any experience with Deagostini kits? and polish out [but shouldn't have to at this price point!]
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. jquest64's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    Thanks for the heads up on some finish issues Eagle. Guess I will open everything for inspection. Planned on waiting till I got a bunch of orders together to build. You are right, at this price point quality inspections and parts should be near perfect.
    I was going to ask if it is safe to polsh body pieces but I guess based on your response Eagle, you can. If you do not mind me asking, what do you use to polish with?
    What bonus/gift items are you guys talking about?

Last edited by jquest64; 01-09-15 at 09:12 PM. Reason: add info
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Eagle's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    David
    I used the MicroMesh Anyone have any experience with Deagostini kits? sanding Anyone have any experience with Deagostini kits? pads plus Novus Anyone have any experience with Deagostini kits? #2 finishing compounds. The Senna McLaren includes a hobby mat, DVD and hat, the Contach includes a display base [but no cover!]
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. jquest64's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    John
    Thanks Eagle, I really appreciate your responses!!

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. brucrt101's Avatar Member
    Name
    Bruce
    I have built the Toyota 2000 GT. Excellent kit!
    QUOTE QUOTE #15