Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Altaya 1:8 cars

Builder Last Online: Oct 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 10-02-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Anyone Building these 1:8 cars ?...... We have a Citroen 2CV on the site and one Russian Gaz M20

Altaya 1:8 cars

Build Photos

Altaya 1:8 cars-f83c31dbdbcbba204b625a9ed1f38763-gif  Altaya 1:8 cars-_57-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-1149492_622891907732653_603617852_o-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-901370355937003-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-mustang-altaya-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Mercedes 300SL is this a new one on the marked ????

QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Haddewade's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Mark
    Yep, as far is a know the serie is going in Germany, you find more info here, https://www.eaglemoss.com/de-de/mode...ercedes-300sl/
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. We had a Citroen DS when I was a kid, fascinating car but not easy to maintain in the US.
    Brady | ScaleAutoWorks
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. ritamigo's Avatar Member
    Name
    joe
    Where can I buy the samba 1/18 kit?
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. ritamigo's Avatar Member
    Name
    joe
    Sorry 1/8 kit
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Try asking Altaya and look at there web.

Citroen H. it's a new one, translating please.

Last edited by Egon; 04-24-18 at 04:52 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Someone on Britmodeller has found some more 1:8 models than me, take a look:
    http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/i...-of-all-times/

QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. sobako's Avatar Member
    Name
    Evgeniy
    Advertising brochure for GAZ-21. This model began in January 2018 in Russia.
    Attached Images Attached Images Altaya 1:8 cars-reklamny_buklet_3-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-reklamny_buklet_4-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-reklamny_buklet_2-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-reklamny_buklet_1-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Nice, what price are they in Russia and how many parts. ?

QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. sobako's Avatar Member
    Name
    Evgeniy
    This is partwork, one number prise is 450 rubles (~ 7 USD). It has 110 issues (periodical) once a week. The approximate number of parts of the model, I think about 600-700.
    Attached Images Attached Images Altaya 1:8 cars-img_0321-jpg 
    Last edited by sobako; 06-21-18 at 10:23 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. sobako's Avatar Member
    Name
    Evgeniy
    Also in Russia there was a series of ZiS-110, the Deagostini publishing house (in France it is called Altaya). It was 2,5 years, 120 periodicals. Today I took the last parcel on the post. The whole model was about 800 US dollars. So far, I can not collect it, because my little daughter does not give the opportunity to do serious improvements in the model, but just to assemble the model as is "out of the box" I do not like.
    Attached Images Attached Images Altaya 1:8 cars-dscn8828-jpg  Altaya 1:8 cars-dscn8829-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    I know what you mean, detailing, but how mush can be detailed on the car ?, you need a 1:1 Altaya 1:8 cars to photograp the details that's needed.
    I think they look very detailed as they are.

QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. sobako's Avatar Member
    Name
    Evgeniy
    The very least that there is to be done is to replace the plastic seats and upholstery in the cabin with something more reasonable, and also remove the joint between the roof and the lower part of the body (which means repaint the entire model completely).

In addition, the model has a lot of simplifications of the technological plan and inaccuracies, I think this is a simple balance between the circulation and the price of the model. And reference photos are easy to get, given that there are relatively many of these machines, and there is information on the Internet. On the Internet there is also a service manual and a catalog of parts of this car.

Unfortunately, now I have a complete lack of time. GAZ-21 I also put in a box, and previously released model GAZ-M20 is in the frozen state. All the other models and plastic kits I took to the dacha (country house) :-)
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. sobako's Avatar Member
    Name
    Evgeniy
    In August, a series of VAZ-2101 (Lada-1200) will be launched in Russia. This is the publishing house Hachette. There will be 130 issues once a week, worth 500 rubles (~ 8 US dollars) each.

To meet the demand, the plant made many cars to the detriment of spare parts. Therefore, thieves dragged from these machines everything that is easy to unscrew. There were masters who could pull out the windshield using two matches.

When I was small, all these cars stood in the parking lot without mirrors and wiper blades, as drivers took it home when they go home.
    QUOTE QUOTE #30