Close

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 327z

Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 1
      Started: 04-04-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit

Hey y'all, been a while since I've been around. As Mike (chassisdude) has let on, I have had a very bad begining to the year. Well, I'm on the way back and I have a project in mind to prove to myself that I can still do this.

I am starting with a Tamiya 327z 1:12 240Z. To this I am adding a left hand drive kit that is made by Best Balsa Kits, a SBC/4spd combination from TDR 327z and a set of turned aluminum Anson Sprints from Micro Nitro and plenty of detail accessories from RB Motion, Scale Details and Ted's Modeling Marketplace.

Even though I have no other projects on the bench at this time (every thing was cleaned up and stored while I was in the rehab hospital) and I am not able to leave the house without assistance that doesn't meant that I'll have a ton of time to work and everything that I do goes very slowly now so this will take a while to build. My goal is to do this build to the best of my ability and to complete it before I move on to another project.

I have one that I built basically box stock 327z a few years ago. I did it orange with black chrome. This will have a few more body mods, both bumpers will be removed , debadged, easy stuff.

The one thing I can not decide on is the body color. I thought that I would put it out there to get other inout on.

Black
      Red
      Orange
      Yellow
      Lime Green

Cast your vote please, I'd like to know the popular opinion. I will put up pics as soon as all my parts come in.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Slyy77's Avatar Active Member
    Welcome Back!!!

Sounds like a slick project. A guy used to bring one in where I used to work, (Advance Auto Parts). His was also SBC, tubbed, black with a carbon fiber hood. Made the Chevy orange on the small block stand out.

Other than Black, Orange always looked good on the Z's in my opinion.

Good to have ya' back.
    Kevin

2. DominiqueBeerts's Avatar Avid Belgian
    Name
    Dominique
    Hello David, good to see you back here.
    Go for the orange.
    Best regards,
    Dominique.

Feel free to browse through my photo albums

3. chassisdude's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael
    Good to have you back bud...You have been missed...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    "You have been missed..." A Navy doctor said something of that nature to me about a week after I ended up in Bethesda Naval Hospital back in '96.

327z
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.

5. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Kind of strange...had my thoughts on you some days ago. Was wondering, what's up with you. Glad, that you're back.

6. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Good to see you up an going at it again.

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Thanks guys. The parts are starting to slowly trickle in. Got the kit and the sparkplugs today.

327z
    USMC, Retired

8. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    I was thinking that you were not in good health since some months. Usually, you are giving comments at what I'm showing and suddently, silence.
    I'm glad you are back and that you have another Project.

9. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Thanks Roger. Still having more bad days then god ones but I aint done fighting yet.

327z
    USMC, Retired

10. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    Good to see you back sarge. My vote is for that 240Z Orange.

Had a friend tell me he missed me,
    He then told me he would correct his aim in the future...
    Duke of Burl

11. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Seeing as I already have one in orange (a basically OOB 327z build minus the rear bumper) I have decided to do this one in Tamiya 327z 's Candy Lime Green with flat black graphics. I am using a Tamiya 327z 1:12 240ZG kit, a left hand drive dash from Best Balsa Kits (Wim did an AWESOME job on the dash and steering rack by the way.), TDR 327z /Shapeways SBC/Muncie with single carb and Corvette valve covers, wheels from Micro Nitro and a ton of odds and ends from Scale Details and Ted's Modeling Marketplace.

This one I have removed the drip rails, shaved all emblems, locks and handles, removed both bumpers, reshaped the grill opening, removed the sparetire well to make room for a bigger fuel cell, added chin and rear spoilers, Frenched in a fuel filler door from a 1:12 63 Vette and added a cowl induction hood scoop from a 69 Camaro.

Almost done with body work but it is put away for now as I am headed back to the hospital for another surgery. Need to have some blood clots removed...one of them is in my brain and this one scares the &#%$ out of me! I'll show the work once I get home.

Build on every one!

327z
    USMC, Retired

12. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Take care ....my prayers are with you!
    Regards

Ton

13. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Keep my fingers crossed for ya, David.

14. Tourpretendent's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Ronald
    All the best in the hospital and during your recovery, I’m looking forward to your return on the forum.