Close

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Oct 2018 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (3 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-23-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Here I already told the story about the purchase of this brilliant model

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...oni-italy.html

I really donīt expect to see one single part so with the help of other customers who send me pictures, drawings (and even parts) I started scratching the missing parts.

I started with the gearbox the most completed part to reproduce. Red are the missing parts of the gear house

The shapes of the parts are rather complicated so I started with a drawing based on pictures.

Also I made my first scratched part: the cover of the gear house. The white plastic is a bit faded :)

As a kind of preparation before the real build I will successively replace the missing parts with my "own work" :D

regards

Ton
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Nicely done Ton. Would you share with us how you scratchbuilt your parts?
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Hi Rick,

I will give some progress reports
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Wow, you really got your work cut out for you. If you need any help anywhere, don't hesitate to ask.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    Wow, you really got your work cut out for you. If you need any help anywhere, don't hesitate to ask.
    I will keep this in mind!

thanks

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Ton - That is an outstanding project... you are going to love it. I built mine in 2005 and it is still today one of my favorite projects.

Keep us posted...

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4641-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4642-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4644-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4647-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4648-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4649-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4650-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-dscn4651-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-auto0068-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-auto0069-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-auto0070-jpg  Promocom Toy group Ferrari 126C2 scale 1:8-auto0071-jpg 
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Thanks for showing me these pictures......outstanding job. I hope one day mine looks the same!
    Did you have particular problems?

regards

Ton
    Last edited by Ton; 12-27-09 at 05:59 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Ton - here are some pictures of the gear box that may be useful for you to re-construct the missing parts. Also a picture of the exhaust pipes showing the before and after polishing work.

TK

QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Thanks TK!!! Now I am able to see how everything is attached. The manual is not always clear.

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    I don't recall really having any problems. By virtue of the number of parts and complexity, it's not a project that goes quickly, but other than that, it was a joy. Don't be afraid to go "off the map" as you build. There are some sub-assemblies that are not fully accurate and there are some methods of attachment that just don't make any sense so I ad-libbed a few times.

It's an exceptionally well made kit overall.

I took a few hundred (thousand) pictures of my build if you would like to see anything just let me know.

Andy.
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    I took a few hundred (thousand) pictures of my build if you would like to see anything just let me know.
    When I come to the build up of the chassis I know now where I can turn too
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    In the last couple of weeks I made a nice progress on reproducing the missing parts of the gearbox. It is not finished yet but there is enough to show :D

On this picture all the reproduced parts are shown. The part in the middle is the "collar" between engine and gearbox housing. It is made out of plastic for the right measures but will be reproduced in brass because of the weight on both sides. The blue square show the parts from the kit which are the reference for reproducing the missing parts

A dryfit is shown from the reproduced parts and the picture in the left corner shows the original without missing parts :evil:

regards

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    WOW ! Awesome work. Are your photo's available in an online (fotki) photo hosting site? If they are could you post a link to them. Thanks.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    Hey, at least you get double the fun for your money.... :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    @fuzzy...Thanks! and no the pictures are not at a public hosting site.

@Herman ...LOL but when you deduct all the agro and frustration it is still a negative result ;)

Ton
    QUOTE QUOTE #15