Close

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-06-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

While taking a break, from building sprint cars, I have decided to build a 2012 style supermodified. Many of you may have never seen these rockets in person as they run on the East coast and West coast mainly with some in Ohio. Like sprints they run a 900+ HP motor, hanging out the left side. In fact most of the weight (70% +) is on the left side. They are a little longer in wheel base and a little wider. These cars run huge bi wings front and rear to hold them down. The rear wing moves up during cornering and flattens out down the straight away. The greatest thing is there are hardly two alike; you can still be an innovator with the chassis. I drew plans for my 1/8 scale build. I drew a top and right side view in 3/32 scale which actually turned out to be a scale I would like to build a model car in. In works out to be 1/10.67 so kind of goofy but a great size. Back to work, here's the plans.

Build Photos

A Modern Day Supermodified-101_2563-jpg  A Modern Day Supermodified-101_2564-jpg  A Modern Day Supermodified-101_2562-jpg  A Modern Day Supermodified-101_2565-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Here's some pictures of the real guys, if you've never seen one before.

A Modern Day Supermodified
    Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    That thing is WICKED!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. DominiqueBeerts's Avatar Avid Belgian
    Name
    Dominique
    Crazy, crazier, completely fruitcake
    Best regards,
    Dominique.

Feel free to browse through my photo albums
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Hey now, i like fruitcake! (I actually really do.)
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    David, you must have never had fruit cake in C-ration! I like wicked much better than fruit cake.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Ken, thank goodnes I was in during the end of C-rats and the beginning of MRE's. I have only eaten a very few C-rats. Most of the MRE's are actually pretty good.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken

I have heard that MREs weren't bad at all. I think the C rations we got were from the Korean war or WWII. When you're starving, though, some of the C rations tasted OK plus you got 5 cigerettes. I'm sure they don't do that anymore. Started the frame and I've decided that these supers are part dragster (the motor), part Indy Car ( the wings and nose), part NASCAR stock car ( the frame) and part sprint car ( all the rest) Fun stuff!!

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    When you are starving grubs aren't bad...actually if you get the big ones that have been eating white birch bark they are pretty tasty. Sweet, like eating a jelly doughnut without the doughnut.

Dang Ken, slow down, you are making me look like a slacker! It looks really good so far though.
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. GARYDAVIS's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    [B]Hey Ken.....that's really looking good bud! I'm on the phone with Storm'n NORMAN right now... and he said HEY COWBOY!!! He also said "The RACE IS ON BUBBA!!!"[/B][B]

Also...those C's where made in the late30's and 40's for WWII GI's. I had my share of them also. Never got the Chance to eat the MRE's. My son did though. and YES....the fruit cake was WORSE than a hockey puck.
    [/B] [B]We where out play'in war games in Germany in 72...had to break into the C's and one guy threw his fruit cake against our 113...and it took off the paint where it hit the body[/B][B]....needless to say.....the fruit cake didn't get ate on our crew.[/B]
    Last edited by GARYDAVIS; 08-11-12 at 01:21 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. 3.Star's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Michael J.
    Hi Ken, another great project coming up. For us guys located in Europe this racing class is kinda strange, so I am watching your progress with suspense. On the other hand, we were not pampered with our combat rations as well. Best of all was their slogan imprinted on the package:"You can even enjoy it cold". Made no difference at all, that's right. Got one of the c-rats at Grafenwoehr, that
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks Michael and Gary. Lots of good stories about c-rations and Gary and I both know about Graf. I have been drawing plans for an AJ Watson Indy Roadster from 63 and thought someone might find it interesting. Also have done a little more on the super.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. superfan76's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    norman
    hi ken im so glad to see you building a super bud man you are doing one heck of a job bud, im also been building one for the last three years now im going to post some pics so you can see it, keep up the great work ken im loven this stormin norman
    "real race cars don't have doors"

http://public.fotki.com/norm-sterner/
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks Norm, I love these cars only second to sprints. After looking at it, I guess it could plow snow in the off season, with that front wing.LOL

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. superfan76's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    norman
    ken your super is coming along fine bud, i can't wait to see more. i love the idea of that aj watson indy roadster i wish some one would make that as a 1/8 scale kit id buy one in a heart beat, your drawings of it came out beautiful bud.....stormin norman
    "real race cars don't have doors"

http://public.fotki.com/norm-sterner/
    QUOTE QUOTE #15