Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jul 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 07-11-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I haven't posted in a while because I'm grandpaing it and loving every minute. I started this awhile back and have just been doing bits and pieces but I figured some of you might be interested so here's where she stands. This car will be full of graphics which I have already received; I just need to finish the car.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Looks great Ken! I get to do the grandpa thing next month for two weeks. My daughter and her hasband are going to spend half of his leave here and half in Rapid City where he is from. I haven't seen them in person in almost two years and I am really anxious!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. GARYDAVIS's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    [B]Yes sir....that's really looking like it should kick some BOOTY on the dirt!! It's going to be cool to see the Graphics on 'er. Having the Grandkids is ALWAYS a huge treat for me too. Good stuff all around Ken!![/B]
    Last edited by GARYDAVIS; 07-31-12 at 03:34 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. VintageModMan's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Gary
    Very nice work there Ken! always enjoy your work.

Gary
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks Gary, David and Gary. I finished the wings and I'm starting the wraps on the body. I gave it a little bit of a World of Outlaw stance..

World Of Outlaws Winged Sprinter
    Last edited by kmeaders@q.com; 07-25-12 at 05:42 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    ken, your builds are just amazing!!!! i love every minute of looking at them.
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks Dave; it is still a lot of fun for me to build these sprinters.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. comp1839's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    david
    that's the way it's supposed to be ken!

when it ain't fun.......it ain't gittin' done! hehe.

the passion you have for these cars is obvious in your work! please, keep showing us more!!!!!
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks again Dave; I definitely love sprint cars. I am ready for the final assembly so I took some pictures of the car's parts that get covered up and not noticed as much. Especially with this car as it has panels everywhere.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. GARYDAVIS's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    [B]Man this car is looking GOOD!! Let's fire that puppy up! I need to smell the Methanol in the air....LOL Great stuff Ken...Thanks for taking the time to shoot pics and posting. That in itself is a time consuming task. But....I'm still looking forward to the next update....[/B]
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    Thanks Gary, you get it about racing these cars. I hate to see this one go but I'm almost done. Just got the Eagle part of the Goodyear decals to put on and make a pitman arm and pack it up and ship it to Indiana. I'm sort of getting fried building these cars. It's like I enjoy yard work and cleaning up the kitchen a whole lot more than ever, because I'm not building a toy for somebody to look at. Weird, huh? I may take a break and build something for me like another supermodified or an Indy roadster or if I could get enough info I would love to build that 6 wheel Tyrell from F-1, 1970s days. Here's where she sits.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. GARYDAVIS's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    [B]Dang...that car looks ready to hit the Track. I hear you on getting Fried on building the same type of car. Annnd...I can relate to the yard and kitchen work too!!![/B] [B]Man Ken....a super modified would be really cool. Correct me if I'm wrong, but....Norm Sterner is the only Builder that's built one of those cars in 1/8th scale. It would great to see you do one. With your eye and building talent...it would look Awesome bud....[/B]
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. kmeaders@q.com's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ken
    You're on my friend. I've wanted to build one of those for awhile. I started drawing plans yesterday and feel enthused again! Norm Sterner did some amazing cars and I wish he still posted his builds, but I'm definitely up for the task. Supermodifieds are the ultimate pavement short track race car. One of the last class of race cars that innovation still plays a big part. Big blocks with wings that move up and down as you enter and exit the corner, 75% left side weight bias, wow! In Phoenix, when they used to race there, they were only about 5 mph slower than the Indy cars on the mile. Those cars fly!!! Look out Norm, the competetion is here !! lol.

Old Sprinter
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. GARYDAVIS's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Gary
    [B][/B] [B]OH YEA....I'm going to give Storm'in Norman a call and let him know that your going to build one of those baby's. He'll get all fired up too. He's been doing life things and I now he's bite'in at the bit to get back on the bench. The last time we talked...he was going to build a new Super in 24th scale. But...when he sees what your going to do....it might get him going in 1/8 scale. Man....you make me want to do one now...[/B].[B]​I've got so darn many builds that need done first...it will be a yr or so before I can get to the 1/8 scale stuff...But....I can enjoy you guys doing them....Ken I'm looking forward to seeing this one come together my friend....[/B]
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. superfan76's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    norman
    ken this thing is totaly amazing bud, shes a beauty,great job ....stormin norman
    "real race cars don't have doors"

http://public.fotki.com/norm-sterner/
    QUOTE QUOTE #15