Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cardiac Arrest!

Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-08-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

As many of you know I started a 1:8 Monogram '65 Vette a while back. I started by modifying the body so that it is now a '63 Split Window Coupe, stripped it of bumper mounts, door handles and window trim and then oppened the doors and cut off the front end to tilt it.

Cardiac Arrest!-body-mods-top-jpgCardiac Arrest!-body-mods-rear-jpg

Next I built the basics of a motor and called it "WICKED". I won't repost the original engine pics as this is where things changed.

Also as many of you know, I had a heart attack and a triple bypass just over a month ago. While I was still in the hospital my other half brought in a smoke and soot stained survivor of our house fire and my mind started reeling with ideas. It was the body, doors, hood and front end of my '63 Vette.

This is to be the heart of the redesigned car, "CARDIAC ARREST". Still a ton of work to do, it is missing the turbo chargers, nitrous system, plumbing Cardiac Arrest! , wiring and a hand full of other small parts but I wanted to post pics of the basic engine as at this point I need to tear it down to finish and fine tune everything that I have in order to go much further with it.

I hope you enjoy!
      Cardiac Arrest!-dscf1456-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1457-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1458-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1460-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1466-jpg
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Nice start on the engine, Gunny. I'll be following this one.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. DominiqueBeerts's Avatar Avid Belgian
    Name
    Dominique
    Subscribed. This project should be fun to follow.
    Best regards,
    Dominique.

Feel free to browse through my photo albums
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Last night I tore it all apart and started filling seams...dang I love bondo! I also decided that I did not like the timing chain cover that I had built so I made a new one and am thinking on another oil pan as well. Ah the persuit of happiness (perfection). Anyhow, I'll post more pics as the engine comes along and the transmission is started. It is FINALLY sunny and beautiful in the Pacific NW so today not much is going to happen on the model...I am far to white after what seems like many months of cold, wet, gray weather! Time to take the dogs to the park!!!!!

Cardiac Arrest!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Now there's that Marine attitude...adapt & improvise, carry on brother.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my replacement turbochargers from Shapeways/TDR and along with them I ordered the nitrous fittings. Should be here by the end of the week. Once they are here I will be able to finish up the engine and start on the transmission. For the meanwhile I have taken up the endeavor of learning to make a knife, from forging the blade to polishing the handle. A weeks work for one knife but dang is it going to be sweet! I'll take pics tomorrow after I put the final sharpening on it!

Cardiac Arrest!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the knife.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Got the package from TDR Cardiac Arrest! /Shapeways today and what a bummer! The nitrous fitting and one of the turbos are awesome but one of the compressor portions of a turbo is missing two bolt hole flanges. Just my luck...oh well, I have plenty to keep me busy until a replacement comes.

Cardiac Arrest!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Finally some progress to show, still a long way to go but at least it is starting to look like an engine!

Cardiac Arrest!-dscf1477-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1478-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1479-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1482-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1483-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1484-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1487-jpg

Cardiac Arrest!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Nice looking cardiac muscle. If you get tired of the name "Cardiac Arrest" you can always call it The Phoenix having risen from the ashes but more powerful than before.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    The original had a 15 inch blade...just a tad excessive for my needs. LOL

The handle and bolster is made of brass, walrus tusk, purple heart, ebola and an unknown yet bright orange wood that is as hard as it is beautiful.

The blade is 5 inches of hand forged steel that has been hardened and sharpened to an EXTREMELY fine edge.
    Cardiac Arrest!-dscf1514-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1525-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1526-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1526-jpgCardiac Arrest!-dscf1519-jpg
    This is my first adventure into knife making and I be proud of myself for its outcome!

Cardiac Arrest!
    Attached Images Attached Images Cardiac Arrest!-dscf1520-jpg 
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    That cuts the mustard!
    Duke of Burl
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's a cool looking blade. At 5 inches, it looks like it's 1/3 scale. With the 15 inch blade, you could play Crocodile Dundee. Great work, David.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Well well well...After over two weeks of back and forth Shapeways has finally decided to "Meet me half way" and reprint the defective turbocharger that they sent me...YEAH RIGHT! If they sent me a defective part they are not meeting me anywhere by replacing it with a correct part! Why is it that they could not own up to the fact that NOBODY is perfect and mistakes happen?

They could not determine the cause of the damage yet are going to fix it anyhow...I am sorry but that just gals me. I am glad that I am going to get a correct turbo but dang it man, TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!

I must say that TDR Cardiac Arrest! designed stuff is awesome and the good parts I received printed from Shapeways are the perfect compliment to TDR Cardiac Arrest! 's design capabilities but my first taste of customer service from Shapeways is leaving me wondering if I still think that this is the perfect marriage or not. Hopefully I will have better luck in the future becase I really don't want to lose this avenue of obtaining really high quality parts!

Cardiac Arrest!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Quote Originally Posted by spinellid82 View Post
    Well well well...After over two weeks of back and forth Shapeways has finally decided to "Meet me half way" and reprint the defective turbocharger that they sent me...YEAH RIGHT! If they sent me a defective part they are not meeting me anywhere by replacing it with a correct part! Why is it that they could not own up to the fact that NOBODY is perfect and mistakes happen?

They could not determine the cause of the damage yet are going to fix it anyhow...I am sorry but that just gals me. I am glad that I am going to get a correct turbo but dang it man, TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!

I must say that TDR Cardiac Arrest! designed stuff is awesome and the good parts I received printed from Shapeways are the perfect compliment to TDR Cardiac Arrest! 's design capabilities but my first taste of customer service from Shapeways is leaving me wondering if I still think that this is the perfect marriage or not. Hopefully I will have better luck in the future becase I really don't want to lose this avenue of obtaining really high quality parts!
    Dave....I'll get with Tim in the next few days and see what's up....get back at ya later. Thanks for the heads up.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #15