Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
      Builder Last Online: Oct 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 10-20-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hi all, having been asked to load my fotki site up on the gallery for reference, I thought I'd basically redo it on here as a build log, because some people have problems with the fotki site.
      This is the real car at Scott Racing, at the time of Brandon, Suffolk.
      The monocoque has to be rebuilt each year, because the power and vibration loosens the rivets AND the glue!

M8F, step-by-step 1/12th build-fside-vi-jpg

M8F, step-by-step 1/12th build
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Mr.Tin's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Martin
    Hi all,
    after 4 years I find myself back, looking at finishing the M8F as my interest in building full sized cars has been curtailed by losing my storage, so the shed is now empty of full size cars and parts. This a shed I built last year and now houses my machinery.
    Attempts at other hobbies have failed. Model aircraft, too expensive, too seasonal and too rule bound theses days. Model yachting will be the summer pursuit, but indoors in the Winter, I think finishing the M8F will become the new endeavour.

In the ensuing 4 years I have built nearly 50 slot car body masters, model aircraft masters and a load of railway stuff, but have now officially retired.

So, keep your eyes peeled, new instalments of the saga will follow.

Cheers,
    Martin

A man needs a plan...and a shed
    QUOTE QUOTE #107

2. Mr.Tin's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Martin
    Well, I dug out the M8F and imagine my horror when I went to a box in which I thought the engine and gearbox were sitting to find only the gearbox!
    But today, a further box search in the shed found one that said "1/12th Big block bits" that I didn't even know I had and sure enough, there were the masters and some resin M8F, step-by-step 1/12th build copies done by my old chum in Santa Monica a few years ago. Just as well, as he doesn't touch resin M8F, step-by-step 1/12th build any more due to an allergy to it that he shares with his wife.
    I think I'll use the master as it saves a lot of cleaning up of the resins, which were cast in halves and would need a lot of filing to even up.

I called Scott Racing today at their much bigger new premises and Trevor recalled me immediately. Such a regular nice chap. But, alas his latest M8F was sold away a while back. It seems the nearest to me now is the Bamford Collection's car which is run by a chap nearer to me.

I doubt if I'll need anything of info before New Year as I have plenty to be getting on with for now.

Cheers,
    Martin

QUOTE QUOTE #108

3. Mr.Tin's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Martin
    Life has a knack of peeing on your bonfire when you least expect it. On Boxing Day last year I suffered a heart attack and had a stent fitted to a heart artery and then at the start of June I had a mini stroke! All most inconvenient, I'm sure!
    Anyway, I'm still faffing about and have moved house too. I have a packed out brick shed now and the McLaren is under the bench tempting me.

More anon.

Martin

QUOTE QUOTE #109

4. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Well no more peeing on fire over there, think you had enough, lite it up and go on, lets see your build ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #110

5. Kingofscales's Avatar Member
    Name
    Martin
    Hi Egon and others,
    You will see I have had to change my user name as I couldn't get past that weird Captcha thing to ask what my password was. Consequently I had to use my wife's spare e-mail address to lift all that foregoing stuff and to re-join as Kingofscales, which I regard 1/12th scale to be...1/24th being the Queen. I'm not sure what's happening with SMC currently.
    Still knocking out slot car body masters and also doing a Vincent Black shadow for a chum in 1/6th scale!
    Will I ever learn?

Cheers,
    Martin
    QUOTE QUOTE #111

6. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Welcome back Martin, hope your well now, as for why you can't log on to your old Mr. Tin you have to contact Dan on Scalemotorcars as I can't do anything inside the system, sorry.
    QUOTE QUOTE #112