Close

1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 295.00 USD (57%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs! 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs! 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs! 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs! 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!
Accepted Payment Types

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Jun 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 1
      Started: 08-20-07 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I started this model a long time ago, but got sidetracked when the Big Deuce and Big T were reissued. I built my highboy deuce and [B][I]two[/I][/B] Big T hot 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs! rods...then the Pocher bug bit and I just [B][I]had[/I][/B] to build my Alfa.

Well, the Alfa is 99% finished, so I dug the old Jag out of storage. It's the 1976 release of the model, molded in bright yellow (the original issue was molded in red). It wil now become my "active" project...(at least until something else comes along and sidetracks me again!)

I'm doing a replica of a very early car...one of the first several hundred built, with the external bonnet latches and the road draft tube (which was removed early in the production run). I have several loose wires and hoses to connect yet, as you can see, but the engine is just about finished.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Top Drawer, Harry.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    WOW! Lets see some of your street rod work Harry. Amazing detail!
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. harrypri's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Harry
    I've removed the rear side window frames because I'm going to make them operable (flip-out).

I also cut out the rear hatch door and the gas filler door, because I'm going to hinge them.

QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Great modeling on the rear hatch drip rail, Harry.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Deuces-wild's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Guido
    Looks great!
    Be nice or else ~1~**
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Nice work Harry! With all that extra work you might be interested in a set of my wheels?
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. harrypri's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Harry
    I'm not familiar with them. Are you an aftermarket guy?

QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Harry, you've been holding out on us. That Jag is not only top drawer, it's magnificent. The engine work alone is unbelievable. I gotta keep my eye on this one.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Quote Originally Posted by harrypri View Post
    I'm not familiar with them. Are you an aftermarket guy?
    No just a guy ! heres the pics I'm not offering any more sets but I thought I'd show them off once again!
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!-dsc02233-jpg  1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!-dsc02234-jpg  1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!-dsc02342-jpg  1/8 Jag finally coming out of mothballs!-dsc02348-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. harrypri's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Harry
    ok, I'm confused. If you're not offering them...why did you offer them???

Are they metal? Individual spokes? Did you just build these for the heck of it, or were they for sale? What's the story here?

QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Oh wow, I'd love to see that Jag with some of those incredible wheels. I forgot how great they looked.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. There hand machined in Aluminium and individualy hand spoked. I made 1 set for a guy he in turn told someone else about them so I made another set for another guy !
    In the end I turned out 18 sets of these things for different people! At the time I was offering them for $600 a set .
    I saw this post which reminded me of the wheel sets so I thought I'd show them off again sorry to miss lead you harry .
    Last edited by modelmaker; 08-22-07 at 02:22 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. harrypri's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Harry
    $600 a set???!!!

You sold 18 sets of these at $600 a pop???!!!!

Why did you stop...you could make that your career!!!

QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. hemifarris
    hemifarris's Avatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harrypri View Post
    $600 a set???!!!

You sold 18 sets of these at $600 a pop???!!!!

Why did you stop...you could make that your career!!!
    I wouldn't think he'd get rich making them.$600.00 per set isn't much when you consider the ,materials,tooling and time to assemble each of the 4 wheels. I sure wouldn't work for $600-$1200 per week making them considering that they even have knockoffs and knockoff hubs.
    QUOTE QUOTE #15