Close

Builder Last Online: Apr 2021 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-03-21 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Completed

Finally ready! Around 1500 hours of work on this 1/8 scale Monogram kit. I had it since 1977, but it remained in the box until november 2019. Those of you with experience on this kit can see that a lot has been done in addition to what the kit offered.

I have made a complete documentation of the project. 65 pages ot text and photos which can be obtained for free from me as a pdf by sending a request to: lw.studio@telia.com
      65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-2-jpg

Build Photos

65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-5-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-4-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-3-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-1-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-6-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-7-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-8-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-9-jpg  65 Corvette 1/8 scale-corvette-10-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Beautiful work!

Very nicely photographed.

I love these cars! My only criticism is not of the car, but the tires that were available at the time! The cars are great! -as is your model!

Thank you for sharing!

-Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Really fabulous build! I love the added details and especially the opening doors. I never understood why Monogram didn't make them open in the first place. Bravo.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Nice model! As I don't know how the Monogram is looking like, I cannot appreciate the additions. If the operating doors are an addition, the hinges are well made.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Lars HJ Wahlstrom's Avatar Member
    Name
    Lars
    Hi Roger,
    Almost everything you see on the model photos are additions to, or adaptions of, the kit, which had the detail quality similar to a 1/24 or smaller scale kit. I'll be happy so send you a pdf with complete documentation if you want. Just mail a request to: lw.studio@telia.com

65 Corvette 1/8 scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Lars, thanks for the explanation. As I'm not too familiar with those large kits, my question was more to satisfy a superficial curiosity. Even if your documentation would be interesting, I'll pass on it. Anyway, thanks for the offer!
    QUOTE QUOTE #6