Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-10-18 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Box Stock Attribution

Attachment 33282

Before I get into my next build I would like to spend a moment to contemplate a very important tool in my tool box. My mother gave it to me when she said "young man you had better learn patience" I can remember her saying "will you just wait a minute" a minute! a minute! for a 4 year old a minute can feel like forever. Since that time patience has become a practice, one that I have been able to use and learn from. You will understand why this tool will be so important as I reveal the nature of my next build.

Patience you must have
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Egon, I agree with you completely. Every model I've acquired has come with all the parts in one box. I might buy one of those subscription models if the maker offered a one box option.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    Emily said that waiting for the first snow flake to fall will not cut it, "build something". The 1/9 scale, 1940 Knucklehead by MFH arrived yesterday. It should fill in the wait time as she requested. It brings back memories of riding my Shovel Head Super Glide in late Autumn with the air crisp, anticipating the first snow flake on the tip of my tongue. I'll start a build thread in the MC Section.
    Patience you must have-p1040401-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    More parts came in and the engine is shapeing up. My friend and close companion Tom the Hammer Mechanic has decided to take a more hands on approach to this build. I thought Emily could be trouble but sometimes Tom scares me. I mean with that big hammer and all.
    Patience you must have-p1040441-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    I have a friend who say: if it does not fit, take a bigger hammer!
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    More parts, more parts. The floor pan, exhaust, radiator and some engine do-dads are installed. With 30 issues received that only leaves about 100 to be installed. The screw (parts) issue is under control, I only came up with two new screw parts between issues 23 -30. Remain mindful and all will be well.
    Patience you must have-p1040518-jpg
    Patience you must have-p1040515-jpg
    Patience you must have-p1040520-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. martin9428's Avatar Member
    Name
    Scott
    I too am contemplating this build and from what I have read, noone is dissapointed. Like you, I have cut down from six packs a week to two and will use the cigarette excuse with my wife as well. Hope it works, as it looks like a great kit as do others I have seen like R2D2.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    Received and installed Issue 31-34, mostly structural sheet metal parts and the battery box / fuel tank. Everything fit well as expected. Now if I can only get back to that Nucklehead.
    Attachment 34048
    Patience you must have-issue-31-34-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    Issues 35-38 are installed. The only problem was with Issue 37A-B, in that the rear left and right wheel-arch didn't fit because it was about 3/8 inch off level. I am talking about heavy gage diecast metal here not some old beer-can. This was not a job for Tom, you know of his propensity to fix things with a large hammer. So with sweat dripping profusely from my brow I applied just enough pressure to bend the wheel-arch at the seam, and it worked! The bend also gave the arch a twist that aligned all the screw holes. Well that is enough drama for one day so it's back to the Nucklehead.

Patience you must have-p1040526-jpg
    Patience you must have-p1040527-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. TOMc's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    THOMAS
    More wiring included with Issues 39-42. The time display, LED board is mounted on the center console and looks great. Back to the knucklehead.

Patience you must have-p1040571-jpg
    Patience you must have-p1040572-jpg

Patience you must have
    QUOTE QUOTE #25