Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: LHD Seven

Builder Last Online: Nov 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 07-06-17 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Build in Progress

It's been a while since I built a Super Seven. Some might think after building one from scratch and building so many of them I'd have gotten tired of them. It's apparently an addiction.

This was a factory built Caterham model from Tamiya LHD Seven I bought in 2002 so I could display it next to the Red Super Seven I built and heavily modified/detailed to show the difference between what the kit builds straight from the box and the changes I did.
      I took it apart and I am going to make it Left Hand Drive along with some other upgrades. I had already begun tinkering with it when I took this picture of it looking like a pile of junk.

LHD Seven
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    LHD Seven
    After shooting the final clear on the hood I was quite pleased with the outcome, at first... The graphics came out fine which were my primary focus, but secondarily were the louvers. I did not like the little fillets of clear on the louvers that I expected to pull in as it dried. So I stripped it in the solvent tank and with the paint the filler came off.

I redid the body work like the first time, but then thought it needed something more…
    I formed and fitted a fairing to the carb opening in the hood out of sheet aluminum.

I masked off the white and shot the blue.

Then masked the blue too and shot the orange. Ready for decals…

The decals have been applied. I added some new Caterham lettering I drew and printed for it too.
    Still needs to be sanded to fully smooth out the Gulf logo, but I like the louvers better than the last try. Plus it has the new fairing.

Clear has been cut and buffed… I am satisfied.

LHD Seven
    Last edited by ScaleMaster; 12-01-17 at 08:26 PM.
    Build what you want and build it for yourself, the rest will follow... - Mark D. Jones
    QUOTE QUOTE #77

2. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Looks great! Wish I had the skills and the time!
    QUOTE QUOTE #78