Close

LHD Seven
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 200.00 USD (39%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

LHD Seven LHD Seven LHD Seven LHD Seven LHD Seven
Accepted Payment Types

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: LHD Seven

Builder Last Online: Aug 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 07-06-17 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Attribution Build in Progress

It's been a while since I built a Super Seven. Some might think after building one from scratch and building so many of them I'd have gotten tired of them. It's apparently an addiction.

This was a factory built Caterham model from Tamiya LHD Seven I bought in 2002 so I could display it next to the Red Super Seven I built and heavily modified/detailed to show the difference between what the kit builds straight from the box and the changes I did.
      I took it apart and I am going to make it Left Hand Drive along with some other upgrades. I had already begun tinkering with it when I took this picture of it looking like a pile of junk.

LHD Seven
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    Machined more hardware for the inside of the nose; nuts, bolts and washers for the badge and the spoiler. (Nine more pieces.)

I made and installed the metal hood hold-downs and inside fasteners for them.

Added a floormat for the driver's side footwell.

LHD Seven
    Build what you want and build it for yourself, the rest will follow... - Mark D. Jones
    QUOTE QUOTE #227

2. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    I didn't like the idea of the jack and other loose items being tossed around in the back so I made a little crate similar to what I kept in my real pick up for the same reason.
    The frame was built out of sheet styrene LHD Seven .

And then the honeycomb sides and bottom were cut out and added.

LHD Seven
    Build what you want and build it for yourself, the rest will follow... - Mark D. Jones
    QUOTE QUOTE #228

3. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    In the trunk of my car I keep the front plate since there is no place to mount it as it should be by law, but at least I can show I have it if needed.
    I copied the envelope it came from the DMV in, but changed the stamp to match the Seven's plate.

It's a little dirty after floating around in the rear for 15 years…

I figured I might as well put another brass plate in the envelope even if it is going to be sealed.

LHD Seven
    Last edited by ScaleMaster; 04-25-19 at 10:13 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #229

4. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Some pretty good ideas! Especially the plastic bin! -these are the kind of little extras that I find interesting. Thank you for sharing! -Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #230

5. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    Thanks Don!

I also like to keep a good flashlight handy. This one is a three D cell MagLite made of solid brass.

The knurling has been added to it…

LHD Seven
    QUOTE QUOTE #231

6. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Nice flashlight! How did you the knurling? Self-made tool or?
    QUOTE QUOTE #232

7. ScaleMaster's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Mark
    Thanks Roger! Self made knurling.

Anodized red. I made a bulb from thin stainless steel bent into a filament shape and a drop of canopy glue. The lens is clear styrene LHD Seven sheet. And it has a rubber power button.

LHD Seven
    QUOTE QUOTE #233