Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: May 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 03-07-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Scratch Built Build in Progress

Hi. I've been making quite a few sets of 15 inch Racing Dunlop wheels and tyres for people recently to convert the Monogram / Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts E Type's to the famous racing Light weight's.

I have both 15 and 16 inch wheels and Dunlop Tyres in various widths, which i use for my own D and E Type 1:8 scale finished models. I have been wondering if people would be interested in a full transkit to convert the standard Fixed head coupe kit into a full blown racing lightweight roadster ?

I am just finishing a set of early wheels and tyres for a lovely guy in the Netherlands at the moment who is making his own scratch built 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts Lightweight , and i thought i would ask if any other people would be interested ?
      1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-resized-img_9824-jpg

The kit of parts would be as follows

1./ new bonnet a new with the correct headlight shape spot lamps and additional louvres and fly screen and external metal bonnet catches
      2./ works hardtop with vents with amended window frames to replace the kit parts and rear screen and front rear view mirror.
      3./ A set of x4 round hole Dunlop Racing wheels, spinners and Dunlop racing tyres in 15 inch diameter as used on the early lightweight E types.
      4./ new racing roadster replacement back end which would be a direct replacement with opening bootlid and Roadster rear bulkhead.
      5./ racing fuel tank with correct working monza fuel fillercap and spare wheel and tyre
      6./ racing lightweight E Type Right hand drive dashboard and early Jaguar racing bucket seats
      7./ An exterior kit of parts. including a full transfer sheet, metal race marker lights and Sill extensions. a raised releif rear numberplate . Side window air scoops.

You would need a new or old existing Monogram / Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts kit as a start.

As a second smaller under bonnet Trans Kit i am making full race E Type engine. with all the correct period detais these include

1./ A new 35/ 40 Jaguar racing wide angle head with metal cam covers and the breather additions
      2./ A replica of the Aluminum engine block
      3./ dry sump with pipework and dry sump tank
      4./ Lucas fuel injection system
      1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-resized-img_9822-jpg

I look forward to your ideas . to progress i would need about 5 or 6 people.

I'm trying to keep things a realistic price, the main kit will be limited to only 25 sets so very exclusive but also very concise. It will be of the Number 14 Briggs Cunningham lightweight as raced at Le Mans in 1963
      1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-img_9757-jpg

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    At last I've made some progress with the 1/8 Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Trans-Kit parts. the working Monza fuel fillers 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts are now finished, so also are master pattens for the rear body work and a new floorpan . The right hand racing dash board is now done with a fantastic updated transfer sheet . as well as the racing Lightweight E Types i now have parts to easily convert the normal kit fixed head coupe road car into a Roadster.

Next on the list is to finish off the racing Hard top , seats and Bonnet .

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-resized-img_9907-jpg

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-resized-img_0007-jpg

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-resized-img_9931-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    MAN! This is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I would love to build a lightweight but wouldn't want to do all that work on the body without having the correct engine. Any idea of price for both kits yet? Not that I can afford it but I could maybe sell Susan.
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by spinellid82 View Post
    MAN! This is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I would love to build a lightweight but wouldn't want to do all that work on the body without having the correct engine. Any idea of price for both kits yet? Not that I can afford it but I could maybe sell Susan.
    I am working on all the correct period engine details too . the whole trans kit which is very comprehensive will be about $400 but that will include a new roadster body and floorpan , rear bulkhead and boot detailing , boot lid , bonnet , hard top . Dunlop wheels , Dunlop Racing tyres . new upgraded interior , dash, steering wheel, roll bar etc . full transfers . as well as all the misc small metal castings for catches , bonnet straps . etc . I'm starting to get most parts finished and cast .

The engine will be another stand alone kit of parts it will be a new header tank , wide angle cylinder head and special cam covers . fuel injection and tumpets , and all the dry sump parts . and new exhaust manifolds. and these parts will be listed as stand alone pieces at sensible money .

I think i'm about 2 weeks from having the first protype kit of parts done for the a trial model. and i will show all the parts first here

QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrow View Post
    I said early that I was interested and I want to changed that to put me on your list of definite buyer.

Thanks,
    Jim
    Thanks Jim

So far i have 4 people who want one of the full Trans kits, the car I'm doing is an exact copy of 5114 WK the number 14 Briggs Cunningham team car which raced at Le Mans in 1963 . I will be able to offer other cars at a later date. I hope I will have most of the parts finished in about 2 weeks time and will show it's first build on here too , when thats done i will be in production of the finished kit of parts for people :)

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-jaguar-14-lm63-5-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. broadspeed's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    michel
    how much would a set of wheels and tires be ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

6. Mr Casual's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Michael
    Hi, the way you do the dash seams like a lot of work when all I do is cut them up and rearrange and job done. The first thing I do with all my models is convert them to right hand drive, and the E-type is by far the easiest of all to convert. Four cuts and cut the instrument cluster top off (de chromed), and there you have it, one right hand drive dash facia. Just my two cents worth. On another note I'm very interested in your wheels and tyres.

Great building, Michael.[B] [/B]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Living the life on the left coast of the big island down under.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

7. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    As a comment about the above lhd/rhd conversion, yes it's easy and very neatly done but it doesn't get round the fact that the cubby box is totally wrong, or that there are missing indicator lights above the main gauges and the two warning lights below are missing, and the main gauges don't have any bezels.
    Realistically, the kit part is extremely poor and not really worth the effort of converting.
    BTW.... I forgot to add that on the kit part, ALL of the gauges are the wrong size and the supplied gauge decals are a joke - nothing whatsoever like the proper Jaguar gauges....
    I'll be getting the upgrade when it's available.

Roy.
    Last edited by roymattblack; 04-30-14 at 04:27 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

8. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by broadspeed View Post
    how much would a set of wheels and tires be ?
    A set of x4 early 15 inch Dunlop ( round hole ) wheels supplied with cast metal left and right hand knock off spinners, tyre valves transfers and a new metal rear axel and all the mounting bolts and other equipment for the monogram / Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts kit and a set of authentic Dunlop racing tyres costs 150 including delivery. Just wheels on ther own cost 95 and work with the standard models tyres.

The later square hole peg drive Magnesium wheels i make will only work with my new wider lightweight flaired rear body or the Low drag coupe body i make as the rears are too wide for a standard Monogram / Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts kits body .

i hope to be listing all the parts soon .

QUOTE QUOTE #24

9. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casual View Post
    Hi, the way you do the dash seams like a lot of work when all I do is cut them up and rearrange and job done. The first thing I do with all my models is convert them to right hand drive, and the E-type is by far the easiest of all to convert. Four cuts and cut the instrument cluster top off (de chromed), and there you have it, one right hand drive dash facia. Just my two cents worth. On another note I'm very interested in your wheels and tyres.

Great building, Michael.[B] [/B]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    Hey great work. ;) I love your engine .. I needed the dash for my full transkit so decided to re make and mould it . A racing dash supplied on its own with a new upgraded steering colum and the upgrade switches . transfers and all the other details will only be about $20 the racing dash has quite a few details that are different to the road car

The road car dashes will come supplied with a a correct cubby box and also the passanger grab handle and metal castings for the heater slides for the same price .

It is quite simple to scratch build 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts parts and rewarding too. but im just trying to supply a set of affordable parts for the beginner to make a nice finished upgraded detailed model from.

I can happily send you a set of wheels and tyres if you get stuck and need them ;)

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-img_9863-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #25

10. mchag's Avatar Member
    Name
    Manuel
    Absolutely amazing job, well done!

Greetings,Manuel
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

11. brorit's Avatar Member
    I have received some of these items and they are very good!! What a nice thing that a professional scale model car builder is providing us amateurs with such highly detailed and correct parts for building a unique scale model from the stock Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts /monogram kit and superdetailing it as well.

Greetings from The Netherlands!
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

12. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    I have to second the above.

I've received many parts from Auto-racing and they are top notch.
    In fact, they put most big name manufacturers to shame.

This trans-kit is going to be fantastic. Dare I say, it will blow any others out of the water.

Roy.
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

13. Auto-Racing's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Quote Originally Posted by brorit View Post
    I have received some of these items and they are very good!! What a nice thing that a professional scale model car builder is providing us amateurs with such highly detailed and correct parts for building a unique scale model from the stock Revell 1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts /monogram kit and superdetailing it as well.

Greetings from The Netherlands!
    Thank you so much for the great response and kind words.

As a little update on progress . I now have about started to finish a lot of the little components for the E-Lightweight Type project, The Cunningham 5114 full trans-kit is progressing well and there will be a full build diary posted on here to help people wanting to build this from our supplied parts.

I have also had to make a lot of the standard road going E-Type parts as part of the progression for the racing Lightweights.

New road going parts include. correct period Lucas batterys available as a little kit part with the metal lucas terminals and wiring . and mounting hardware bolts . Metal cast rear lights that actually fit the body they polish up and look like chrome ! Jaguar E Type left and right handed Knock on spinners in metal, roadster windscreen surrounds cast in metal with the rear view mirror. as well as the missing under bonnet metal wheel splash , stone guards and i have a full roadster body finished with opeing boot/Trunk and fuel filer lids., if anyone is interested in these parts just drop me a message,

In the prototype stage is the missing " JAGUAR E-TYPE " Boot / Trunk lid script . which will be photo etch as will some new windscreen wipers and some other new chrome strips. and the Jaguar logos for the engine block . ive the interior door arm rests nearly done, and the missing Engine Fan is in work too

I hope people dont mind me posting pictures of the new parts as they come into production ? and thank you for the kind response to the pieces we have been posting out in the mail so far :)

1/8 scale Monogram / Revell E Type parts-465-jpg

QUOTE QUOTE #29

14. jarrow's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Jim
    Has anyone heard from James of Monoposto Collection recently? Any contact via email, private messaging, phone, smoke signals?

Thanks
    QUOTE QUOTE #30

15. roymattblack's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    roy
    Sadly, no.
    I've been trying to contact him for over a week.
    No response anywhere.
    Hopefully all is ok.

Roy.
    QUOTE QUOTE #31