-->
Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Mar 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-21-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I've seen a few rumours of a Pocher re-launch by Hornby, some time in 2013.
      They even have one of the Alfa Romeo Monza's built up and on display in their huge visitors centre - a portent of things to come?
      Does anyone here know anything?
      Anyone got any 'hard' evidence???

Roy.
      Show More

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
  1. Egon's Avatar Esteemed Member
    Name
    egon
    You could try calling them as you are in UK, 01843 233525 and give us the answer here.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Yes, it's true! I called them and was passed on to the production site in Spain. They mentioned that they will be unveiling a new kit on January 30th, at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Hopefully, I can pick up where I left off when the old Pocher factory closed and become a distributor again!

You can check on the Hornby Spain site for the presentation video.

Cheers,

Rick Shousha
    Montreal
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. They have also officially accepted my idea of producing 3D files of all Pocher parts. This means we'll be able to produce Pocher kits in any scale! Think about that for a minute.

I'm starting with the Bugatti engine. This means I'll have CAD files of all the Pocher parts of that model available shortly. Imagine building that model in 1/4 scale. We can get those overhead cams to work and make the connecting rods in two pieces, as they should be.

Cheers,

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Egon's Avatar Esteemed Member
    Name
    egon
    Interesting news Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Giovanni's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Giovanni
    When creating 3-D CAD files, it is much better to measure off of blueprint drawings. You will get low resolution CAD drawings from a 3-D laser.

Regards,
    Giovanni
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. This is fantastic news, as it could mean rereleases of some of the classic models as well as entirely new models, or both. Pricing will be a key factor. Newer design and manufacturing technologies as well as materials and media mean lower input costs but will this translate into the price point itself? Also, depending on this and the selection of models, there will certainly be implications for the current market of Pocher kits and parts.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. sjordan's Avatar Avid Member
    Name
    Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by rshousha View Post
    Yes, it's true! I called them and was passed on to the production site in Spain. They mentioned that they will be unveiling a new kit on January 30th, at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. Hopefully, I can pick up where I left off when the old Pocher factory closed and become a distributor again!

You can check on the Hornby Spain site for the presentation video.

Cheers,

Rick Shousha
    Montreal
    Do you have a link to Hornby Spain?
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Hornby® España

Click on the small POCHER logo (last one on the right - looks like a character off a playing card) at the very top of the page......

Roy.

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. 3.Star's Avatar Esteemed Member
    Name
    Michael J.
    A kind of Christmas present...Looking forward to upcoming kits.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Tage's Avatar Esteemed Member
    Name
    Daniel
    We wait with baited breath...
    Duke of Burl
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Greetings,

I am planning on building the CAD files of the models from scratch. I've already had a look at the quality of laser scanning with scanners costing upwards of $100,000 and there are two obvious problems. First, the quality is simply not there as the scanners see models the same way a bunch of blind people describe an elephant they are feeling. I'm sure you know the analogy. They will describe every detail perfectly but do not differentiate between noise and useful information.

Second, the amount of post-processing that needs to be done is huge. All the extraneous details need to be removed and the point cloud that comes out of the scanner needs to be rebuilt into surfaces and corners. It's so much work that building from scratch is actually much faster.

I am using Solidworks and would entertain getting help from anyone who is a good CAD designer. My intention is to have these files available for download at a cost. Anyone who would be interested in joining my team will get a cut of each download. This is similar to the system used by www.turbosquid.com . Please let me know if you are interested.

It is important to note that what I am creating are files meant to be used by modellers who would like to make parts themselves using any technology they like. However, these files will not have the shrinkage amounts needed for injection moulding.

On the other hand, hopefully, this process can accelerate the return to market of more new Pocher kits.

Cheers,

Rick
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. spinellid82's Avatar Esteemed Member
    Name
    David
    Waiting until February may prove to be both faster and cheaper...just saying...only a month away.
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Giovanni's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Giovanni
    I'm interested in the CAD files.

Regards,
    Giovanni
    QUOTE QUOTE #15