-->
Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-03-12 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

For you more traditional hot rodders out there, here are some test pieces in 1/16 scale for an Ardun converted flathead Ford with the early Hilborn fuel injection............and an adapter to run the GM Muncie 4 speed transmission........

Some of these pieces are really too small, and should probably be combined with their adjacent parts, but they all came through the printer pretty well............the distributor cap just amazes me, even the openings for the wires are there.............

More images here for those interested:

http://public.fotki....cale-ford-flat/

Tony
      Show More

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
  1. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    That is sweet! And to think that just two years ago you would not get that level of detail even in 1:8 scale...a couple of years from now and we'll probably get "functional" carbs even smaller then 1:16!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. ​That looks great tony. Are you selling this motor...or just doing this one for your own project? I'm really interested in this one...that's for sure.
    Last edited by GARYDAVIS; 11-04-12 at 01:41 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by GARYDAVIS View Post
    ​That looks great tony. Are you selling this motor...or just doing this one for your own project? I'm relly interested in this one...that's for sure.
    The intent here was to see how these pieces come through the print process in 1/16 scale, and they seem fine..........a while back I picked up one of the Minicraft 1/16 31 Ford Pick-ups, and so that is where this one is going.......if the interest is out there, I'll check with the other guys about adding it to the TDR catalog..........

Tony

QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Tony,

Can you tell me on what brand and type of printer this is done?
    I'm looking to buy myself a 3d printer to make my own stuff.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. ajwheels's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by exserco View Post
    Tony,

Can you tell me on what brand and type of printer this is done?
    I'm looking to buy myself a 3d printer to make my own stuff.
    These pieces were done at Shapeways in their Frosted Ultra Detail material...........you might spend some time on their site and see if that info is there..........I believe it was done on an Objet printer..........the Objet website lists their printers, and as I remember, the cheapest, desktop unit, available from their distributors and resellers was like $20,000..........and the print material as well as the support material adds to that cost considerably.........

Would be nice to have, though..........

Tony

QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. themodelking's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    johnnyg
    i want one .. holly cow real nice
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Dom,
    Make magazine just put out a special on 3D printers. You might try getting a copy see at makezine.com I got my copy at Barnes and Noble here in the US. Maybe a large newsagent in Belgium would have it. Have not had a chance to check out me copy yet so don't know if any they reviewed would work for modelling parts. Good luck
    Marc
    QUOTE QUOTE #8