Close

Thread: Pumper Rescue

Builder Last Online: Apr 2012 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 02-01-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Stu aka Old Busted Hotness hooked me up to this site, I have spent the last few days surfing and must say there is some very talented builders here, I figured since Stu has the R/C section locked up I should post one of mine for a little something different. Started this on Jan 9th 2010 as I needed something to use to mock up the detail parts for my ladder truck (another build I will post later) here are the build pics to date, let me know what you think, also open to suggestions that will make it really stand out, Cheers.

Started with this

Stripped it to this

And built it to this

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey MrFish. Welcome to the site. I'm glad Stu hooked you up. That truck is gorgeous. I'm also glad to see you do some emergency vehicles. That's one thing we could use a lot more around here. I've been making an NYPD 32 Ford Hot Pumper Rescue Rod but I've been ssidetracked by a bunch of other stuff. :)'
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    That is a very fine looking scratch build Pumper Rescue !
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. You gotta show these guys the pumper. There's a lot of detail in there, and I know the ladder will go over well
    This don't look like no expressway to me! - Jake Blues
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    Hey MrFish. Welcome to the site. I'm glad Stu hooked you up. That truck is gorgeous. I'm also glad to see you do some emergency vehicles. That's one thing we could use a lot more around here. I've been making an NYPD 32 Ford Hot Rod but I've been ssidetracked by a bunch of other stuff. :)'
    Thanks, I had started the ladder replica about 4 years ago now and was well into construction before stumbling across some scale sites while searching for parts, I am still surprised at the lack of scale emergency vehicles out there, either people aren't building them or they don't post them on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ton View Post
    That is a very fine looking scratch build!
    Thank-you

Quote Originally Posted by Old Busted Hotness View Post
    You gotta show these guys the pumper. There's a lot of detail in there, and I know the ladder will go over well
    How do you get the pics to show in the thread? all I get is links to pics ;';;'; I will start posting the Ladder once I get back to working on it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    There is only one builder I know of that routinely does emergency vehicles. He was on Scale Auto but I'm not sure if he's still building. Look at the Scale Auto site and look under the Trucks and Commercial Vehicle forum. His real name is Dave Parsons and his screen name is FIREMODELMAN. He does a lot of scratchbuilding but it's in 1/24 scale. He's one of the best there. Search for his posts and/gallery and you'll get an eyeful i.e. if the moderators haven't taken anything out yet.
    Last edited by hot ford coupe; 02-02-10 at 02:09 PM.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    There is only one builder I know of that routinely does emergency vehicles. He was on Scale Auto but I'm not sure if he's still building. Look at the Scale Auto site and look under the Trucks and Commercial Vehicle forum. His real name is Dave Parsons and his screen name is FIREMODELMAN. He does a lot of scratchbuilding but it's in 1/24 scale. He's one of the best there. Search for his posts and/gallery and you'll get an eyeful i.e. if the moderators haven't taken anything out yet.
    Thanks for the info, checked it out, amazing the detail in such small scale, I couldn't imagine doing this any smaller, hardly have room to get all the detail I want in right now, just spent the last few days adding roughly 60 LED lights into it, I will have to figure out how to do a video of it, looks crazy all lit up.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'd love to see that.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Took a break from wiring and did the grill, still needs to be cleaned up a bit and chrome plated Pumper Rescue but it is getting there.
    Attached Images Attached Images Pumper Rescue-img_2626-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Looking great. I'm waiting to see that baby all lit up.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Looking great. I'm waiting to see that baby all lit up.
    Thanks, if I can't find a friend with a video camera I will go buy one, it looks and sounds awsome (has diesel engine sound system and even vibrates like the real deal).
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    Started on the interior, the rest of my parts showed up today so I should be able to get this wrapped up pretty quick.
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Mrfish55's Avatar Member
    Name
    Dave
    The materials I've been waiting on showed up this afternoon, so out came the knife and a few cuts later it was straight to the paint booth, compartment doors are nearly finished, will let the paint harden up a bit before adding the detail bits and reflective striping. Pretty happy about how they are looking.

QUOTE QUOTE #13