Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Apr 2013 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 12-19-11 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I have been building these for almost two years. I still have most of them I just have to sit down and finish them. What do you guy's think?

Build Photos

1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sam_0857-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sam_0866-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-willys-20-2-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3436-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3317-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany2656-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4147-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4138-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4136-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4129-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-032-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3932-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3960-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3990-jpg  1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany3995-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hi Ace. Welcome to the forum. You've done some very nice work there. I like the way you've weathered up the models. Keep the pictures coming.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Thanks man I appreciate it, Everything was painted by me down too the wheels tires and hubs.I probably have between 30-50 hours in each car, just depends on what one it is. I also think its funny that reddevildemo had the same idea as me "1/6 revell 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's 427".
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. reddevildemo's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Darin
    Great work on all of those, You scored an awesome price on the one you sold on eBay, helps pay for the hobby. LOL

The Revel engines work out nice on these, decent price for something getting hacked up to fit.
    "There is no better friend...
    and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Brizio's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Brizio
    Nice cars!
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. If anyone is interested I a brand new 36 Ford that I just pulled out of the box. I will customize it to your specifications and so it will be safe I will through it on ebay. I just want to give some buddy the chance to get it the way they want it. If interested send me a pm.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's
    Here is an update on the Chevy I decided to make the engine sit lower and use the hood. I ended up losing my wire looms and that's what is stoping me from finishing the car. I have a cover that will go around the engine so it will look like it came out of the box with the engine in it.
    1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4448-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4424-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4464-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. reddevildemo's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Darin
    Which wire looms do you need? I have a couple of these engines in parts and may have what you need.
    "There is no better friend...
    and no worse enemy than a United States Marine."
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. Quote Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
    Which wire looms do you need? I have a couple of these engines in parts and may have what you need.
    Thanks man but I contacted Revell 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's and they sent them out to me.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's
    1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4525-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4497-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany4532-jpg
    New 36 Ford.My camera really sucks. The car look ten times better in person, the color's are different.Over all I think it came out pretty cool
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. The Dude's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Fabrice

amazing !! you have some great skill for the paint

did you work only on the body or do you change the frame too ??

can you take a pics of your chevy but without the body, please ?
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post

amazing !! you have some great skill for the paint

did you work only on the body or do you change the frame too ??

can you take a pics of your chevy but without the body, please ?
    Thanks, I left the original frame because of the air bag suspention. Here is a few pictures of what the frame looks like out of the ford. It has the same frame just different interior piece.

1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-kgrhqfhj-8e8e1-b86lbpmzckcnog-60_3-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-kgrhqjhjcie8mcfmv7qbpmzbkgecq-60_3-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-kgrhqzhjdqe8fdbgm-8bpmzd-umf-60_3-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. The Dude's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Fabrice
    thanks

the shocks system looks interesting (it's for ride height, that's it ?)
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's

Here is a video of them in action. I also have posted a few pictures of a few I have done lately. What do you guys think of the tattooed pinup? I am actually getting an article wrote up on me and these r/c cars in Car Kulture Deluxe/Ol Skool Rodz.

1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-264-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-img_2035-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-img_6589-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-sany5408-jpg1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-284-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's-img_0226-jpg 
    Last edited by Ace'sSpeedShop; 12-04-12 at 06:11 AM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. gogoape's Avatar Member
    Name
    boyd
    wow 1/6th scale .......looks like gijoe can have his own car .....what is the car made off ?? i know of the revell 1/6 Kustom hot rod gasser lead sled rat rod r/c's engines...
    cause i bought one to add to my barbie 1957 chevy car .... the barbie car is not the greatest but its all i could find ..sofar i cut out the hood so i could mount the enging into it ...next i have to cut out the bottom to allow the engine to sit right ......next i want to cut out the doors so i can make them open and close.......
    great job on your cars......
    doo they have opening doors and hood and trunk ??
    QUOTE QUOTE #15