Close

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Builder Last Online: Aug 2022 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 07-31-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Well its been a long time building but its finally open for posting.

You'll find 7 new calculators at the top of this page. I have room for one more is anyone would like to make a suggestion.

For now, enjoy....
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Good stuff Dan. Thanks!
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. troppo's Avatar Established Member
    Yeah thanks dan, this could be a very educational and rewarding forum
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I'm up for this.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    imperial to useful calculator?
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Great idea Dan!.............I'm in in this new Forum, and I'll start showing my last fully working project...." 88 mm Flak 36 Gun", the most infamous German AntiAircraft gun used in WW 2, devised by german engineers and made by Krupp Aktiengessellschaft.

The model will be completely scratchbuilt, mainly in brass, scale 1:20 and it will be fully functional and it will fire blanks (shotgun shell primers)

Don, you'll like this one, smoke and blasts galore!....

Pics very soon....and I'll try to make this one as a tutorial in brass scratchbuilding....Ken has made me nervous!.....

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Part of the original blueprints I found in the web of the 88 mm Flak Gun, which will be the model announced....

Mario
    Attached Images Attached Images New Micro Machinist Forum-88threeview-jpg  New Micro Machinist Forum-88planform-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I see another model of the month here. I can't wait to see this one develop especially if it will be a working model. Strut away Mario. I'm sure a lot of what you'll show will be applicable to some other uses.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman View Post
    imperial to useful calculator?
    Haha. What you don't like the Imperial standard?

Mario, Didnt I see that gun in another thread? I think you were turning a handle for it.

Post some pics in the gallery if you can. We need to start building it. Maybe some of that very cool antique lathe your doing also.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Looking forward to seeing your tutorial; I still have a great deal to learn yet.

Several years ago I saw one of these at the Nureumberg International Toy Fair when my planes were on exhibit with Fine Art Models. The fellow that had it was a German machinist and everything worked on it and it took him 6 years to build. Unfortunately, his English was at the same level as my German and we talked through an interpurtter.

Any update on the Jag build?

Ken
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    Haha. What you don't like the Imperial standard?

Mario, Didnt I see that gun in another thread? I think you were turning a handle for it.

Post some pics in the gallery if you can. We need to start building it. Maybe some of that very cool antique lathe your doing also.
    You saw another gun Dan, this one is a brand new project.....
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by xken View Post
    Looking forward to seeing your tutorial; I still have a great deal to learn yet.

Several years ago I saw one of these at the Nureumberg International Toy Fair when my planes were on exhibit with Fine Art Models. The fellow that had it was a German machinist and everything worked on it and it took him 6 years to build. Unfortunately, his English was at the same level as my German and we talked through an interpurtter.

Any update on the Jag build?

Ken
    Hey Ken!....the Jag is going steady, I'm in the German cannon in parallel with the Jag....pics coming soon...

Cheers

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    I see another model of the month here. I can't wait to see this one develop especially if it will be a working model. Strut away Mario. I'm sure a lot of what you'll show will be applicable to some other uses.
    I think you'll like it Jeff.....I'm drawing the scale plans non stop!....

Regards and congrats on your tutorials,,,you're reaching unsuspected modeling levels!!!

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #13

13. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Thanks Mario. I'm starting to get my head back and I'm more able to do certain tasks. My patience level is beginning to expand but I'm not back to normal yet. I think I'm headed in the right direction though.
    QUOTE QUOTE #14

14. Lee in Texas's Avatar Active Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lucchini View Post
    Part of the original blueprints I found in the web of the 88 mm Flak Gun, which will be the model announced....

Mario
    Have you ever seen blueprints for the 128mm Flak gun, or the 128mm twin mount?
    QUOTE QUOTE #15