Close

Builder Last Online: Jun 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-07-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Hello boys!
      I'm working for a good friend and now client, who asked me to assemble for him some very old and awesome Protar 1/9 scale motorcycles....he's building a museum in memory of his father who was a very prominent Italian motorbike racer and mechanic...

This are some of the models I'll have to tackle....

I think I'll be modeling for a while now....

Cheers

Mario

Build Photos

A very lucky instance-museo-01-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-02-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-03-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-04-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-07-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-08-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-09-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-10-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-11-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-12-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-15-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-17-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-18-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-20-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-21-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-22-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-23-jpg  A very lucky instance-museo-24-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    But the best part of this "Very lucky instance" is the fact that this man donated me with the following Protar kits.....

So, when I finish assembling his kits I'll begin with these....

How's that?

I'll begin a WIP A very lucky instance with the first motorcycle for the museum, (which is not shown in the previous images), and that is the 1927 Bianchi 350 cc, known as the "Freccia Celeste", (The sky blue arrow), made famous by Tazio Nuvolari, great Italian car and bike racer of the era...

Wait for the next post....

Mario
    Attached Images Attached Images A very lucky instance-p1000338-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000339-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000340-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000341-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000342-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000343-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000344-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000345-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000346-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000348-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000350-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000351-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000352-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000353-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000354-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000355-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000357-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000358-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000360-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000361-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000362-jpg  A very lucky instance-p1000367-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    Mario,very cool colection of bike kits, both his and yours. When you are done I have the Gunze kit of the Indian Scout you can tackle...... LOL. I know you will do justice to all the bike kits and look forward to seeing the builds.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. oter11's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    stian
    wow,what a collection,that harley davidson kit is really hard to get.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by oter11 View Post
    wow,what a collection,that harley davidson kit is really hard to get.
    What Harley Davidson?
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Lucky indeed, Mario! I got turned on to Protar kits when Cycle World was selling them for $5.99, or $6.99 for the BMW sidecar. Since then I've collected and built more. Interestingly, in the 1980s European model kits were cheaper in Japan than in the US or Europe, and I took advantage of that when in port there. The founder of Protar, the late Tarquinio Provini, was a successful motorcycle racer until an accident put him off the track. His life is worth a biography. So, Mario, you have some heritage there. Don't forget to put dents in the top of Nuvolari's Bianchi's tank. He'd beat on his rides with a fist to make them go faster.
    Last edited by Nortley; 06-09-10 at 12:13 AM.
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortley View Post
    Lucky indeed, Mario! I got turned on to Protar kits when Cycle World was selling them for $5.99, or $6.99 for the BMW sidecar. Since then I've collected and built more. Interestingly, in the 1980s European model kits were cheaper in Japan than in the US or Europe, and I took advantage of that when in port there. The founder of Protar, the late Tarquinio Provini, was a successful motorcycle racer until an accident put him off the track. His life is worth a biography. So, Mario, you have some heritage there. Don't forget to put dents in the top of Nuvolari's Bianchi's tank. He's beat on his rides with a fist to make them go faster.
    Oh yes!.....Tazio was a real character himself!.....believe it or not, more Protar kits are coming my way,....

Cheers

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. oter11's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    stian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lucchini View Post
    What Harley Davidson?
    image 16 in your first post
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. oter11's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    stian
    i really like these unusual motorcycle kits from protar,i have 19 modelkits from them,few is duplicate
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. Mario Lucchini's Avatar Super Moderator
    Name
    Mario
    Quote Originally Posted by oter11 View Post
    image 16 in your first post
    You're right!..............it's a Harley....

Mario
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Guzzi's Avatar Member
    Name
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lucchini View Post
    You're right!..............it's a Harley....

Mario
    Careful!

I recall nearly having my nose realigned by a Harley enthusiast when I kindly pointed out that their only claim to international race fame was with "two stroke" 250/350's

Guzzi
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    WOW! Mario, aren't you a lucky little chap . I didn't know most of those kits even existed, and I don't think I could handle that many kits in front of me. But boy oh boy, what a big job to build all that. Looking forward to seeing some action here in the future. All those kits built up would make one awesome bike museum in miniature. Have fun mate!
    QUOTE QUOTE #12