Close

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-01-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Seasons Greetings to all. I'm home again from a lovely holiday at the beach, and while I was there I caught up with a very good old friend from many years ago.

Dick (now retired) used to be an ambulance driver and has always been a Harley man. He has 3 in his shed. During his travels around Asia while on annual leave from work he purchased 5 Tamiya A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons. 1/6 Harley Davidson kits for less than half the price they were back here at home. He could not build them himself so asked me if I would build them for him. I jumped at the opportunity as I could not afford to buy these kits myself.

That was 29 years ago, and he still has them on show in the room he calls his "museum". I asked if I could take some photos and he said "sure, help your self". I didn't want to disturb them from their resting place as they haven't been touched since they were originally put in the display case. I did take the cover off the 'big red' one but did not touch the model. The light blue one is just the police bike without all the police gear on it. Ahh, the memories.

I now share with you some happy holiday snaps of some good old Harley Davidsons.

Build Photos

A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-010-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-018-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-013-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-014-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-001-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-006-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-002-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-005-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    The 'big red' one wouldn't fit up there so I've put it down here.
    Attached Images Attached Images A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-019-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-024-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-026-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-033-jpg  A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons.-dicks-harleys-034-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Joe's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    joe
    Wow, those bikes look fantastic. I can remember as a kid going to a friend's father's house to visit. The gentleman was an avid Harley rider. He had the maroon FLH bike built and displayed in his living room. I used to just sit and stare at it. I just purchased three 1/6 Tamiya A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons. kits this week and I'm looking forward to starting. As with my real bikes I'm never happy leaving things as they are so I'm planning on doing some modifications to make them more "mine". Thanks for the pictures.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. shadetree's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Marc
    Doc those bikes are really great. Its amazing how well these things hold up over the years.
    Hard to imagine they are almost 30 years old. But good work should always last.
    Happy modeling
    Marc
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. fuzzy's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    Ted aka Fuzzy
    The Harley's still look great. Thanks for sharing these pics with all of us. I just recently sold my 1:1 A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons. Black and Gold '77 FLH that looked fairly close to the all black model. Owned it 20+ years and maybe I'll finish the model of it that I started right after buying the real one. Doing a bit of the kit over in brass and alum for better scale look, rims, oil tank etc. Motor,trans,chainguard etc all assembled with bolts, screws in correct locations to mount them. Saved the paint for the model that was used on the real one last time it was repainted. Have to dig it out and get back to work on it . Thanks for the reminder of how nice these kits look assembled and the inspiration.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    I'm glad you guys like the photos and it's my pleasure to share them with you :)'
    These models have endured the years reasonably well but the signs of age are a little more obvious than the photos show. The dust, rust, faded chrome and discolored decals are a bit of a shame, but they are still impressive when you walk into the room. I guess I noticed that as I remembered what they were like when I put them in there. It sure was a special time catching up with the again.
    No problem with the inspiration fuzzy, and may I take this opportunity to give you a bit more encouragement It sounds like you've got a plan for the FLH, and I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. F1brawn's Avatar Member
    Name
    calvin
    Dear Dave, I am from singapore and it is very wonderful of you to share these images. They bring back memories of myself when i was a kid doing these 1/6 tamiya A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons. harleys too. Even though there are many professionally done showcase models, but what i like about yours is they are a true reflection of a kid interested in modelling and for that i think they are worth everything.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Harleybuilder's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Uli
    Yeah, I like this models and the pics of this little museum with all the mementos. Its a reflection of time. Real nice. Thank you for sharing it with us. I wish I still had my first model of a Harley. It was the 1969 from Revell A selection of Tamiya 1/6 Harley Davidsons. .
    Chrome won`t bring you home ;)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8