Close

Bobber '47
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 295.00 USD (57%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Bobber '47 Bobber '47 Bobber '47 Bobber '47 Bobber '47
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: Bobber '47

Builder Last Online: May 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 11-16-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Italeri WW 2 Motorcycle done as a period piece 1947 . Stuck to parts available in '47 ,mucho parts made ,some a/m stuff used. Triple pull at the local IPMS Bobber '47 Oct '10

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Excellent!
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Harleybuilder's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Uli
    I saw it before in SAE-Forum. I like it so much. The style of the bike and the work is superb.

Congrats for the winning prices.
    Chrome won`t bring you home ;)
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. keramh's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Marek
    Hello,

WOW, I like your Bobber, this is exactly the style I love.
    Do, nevertheless, please sometimes bigger pictures only from the bike.
    I would not like to see the base, I want details of the machine.

www.scale16.de.vu
    the modelkit databank for the scale 1/16
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. krow113's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Internet Modeler IPMS/Vancouver, BC Model Show Auto Gallery

Thanks for the interest and comments .
    Last edited by krow113; 11-17-10 at 03:56 PM. Reason: thanking
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Welcome aboard krow113. Great to have another bike builder here. Congrats on the big wins at the show mate, well done, that is one awesome model you've built there. I'll have to go and get one of those kits to add to my collection of kits that I don't have time to build. Looking forward to seeing more of your nice work, and swapping ideas.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. Andym's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Andy
    Stunning work Krow. Congratulations on the much-deserved win.

What scale is this bike and how much of it is scratch-built?

Also, I can't quite tell from the pictures, but it that a flat-head or a Knucklehead? If it's a WWII bike, then I'm assuming a WLA flat, but '47 was the last year of the Knuck so I figured i'd ask.

Well done mate.

Andy.
    When I was young I used to say "When I grow up I'm going to be somebody!"

I now realize I should have been more specific.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    All I can say is WOW!! I really love what you did. That's a perfect post war example of what a WWII bike would be like made by one of the returning vets. Congrats on the win. Glad to have you here.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. krow113's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    James
    Dave ,Andym , hfc Thanks for the comments.I never knew about this site until recently.
    The model is off the 1/9 Esci/Italeri WW2 kit. Not the WLA which is the civilian version with 16" wheels(see the 1,2,3, models for me post) . Scratchbuilt includes : headlight /horn bracket, hubs/wheels , seat skirt , risers and bars .Lots of small parts as the theme was to use parts available in '47 and use parts from the kit.ie: the tail light is the stock kit bracket cut in half with only one light, perhaps how a bike shop would do it in the day.Along those lines.Flathead indeed as the knuck back then was an expensive luxury bike, a 1936 Knuck is a $100k bike in todays world. Thanks for the welcome and comments. I have worked on bikes and ridden my whole life, I have access to unlimited H-D knowledge please feel free to ask any questions. The reason for the limited pics for this model is I have sent in articles on the build to FSM in hopes of being published ,if they decide if its usable , I will go from there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I can just see that veteran builder coming back from the war after having mailed the bike piece by piece from the war zone like some guys did with jeeps. It brings to mind the 303rd Bomb Group from the 8th AF in Europe. For those not familiar with that group, one of its aircraft was Hell's Angels and we all know where that went from there.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #10