Close

Builder Last Online: Jul 2016 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/6 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 05-09-16 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Includes Transkit Attribution Build in Progress

Hey fellas! I am back and am building! For the moment I am nursing a broken right hand, a very minor fracture and I able to use it gently but it sure gets to hurting in short order.

Anyhow, I am almost done building my first Tamiya Fat Boy addiction! 1:6 Harley Fat Boy Lo and in the beginning of number two. These kits are REALLY nice and so much easier to see than the 1:12 Tamiya Fat Boy addiction! Honda RC166 that is also on the bench. I gotta say, I built both wheels from the detail set and the chain for the RC166 in one day and had to rest my eyes for three days!

So the first Fat Boy is going to a friend of mine who is having mid life crisis with three teenagers and a wife at home. He wants a bike BAD but no can afford. I kinda dropped it onto the floor and I am in the process of repair. I quickly realized that I need to build another for my own pleasure so back to Ebay I headed. The first one is basically stock except for the color which is House of Kolor Cortez Blue Pearl Fat Boy addiction! . The second one is going to be a bit more customized. The front fender will be gone, the rear fender will be bobbed, apehangers, custom seat and custom exhaust. The paint scheme will be a tribute to the United States Marine Corps and there may be a couple of other custom features if I think of them as I go and before it is to late.

It is good to be back at the bench. Moving again soon so there will be a break in the action but until then DON'T sniff the glue!
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    WOW! Dan is making the decals for me! I am going to go with HOK Snow White Pearl Fat Boy addiction! with decals of the EGA in silver replacing the tank badges, GSgt Chevron is silver on the rear fender, custom license plate that says GUNNY and if I can find it, a silver Quarterfoil on the tank below the instrument cluster. Or perhaps I could tool the Quarterfoil into the leather of the new seat...HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Fat Boy addiction!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Got the House of Kolor Snow White Pearl Fat Boy addiction! in the mail today. Going to start working on getting parts in primer Fat Boy addiction! . Not sure how it will go with a jacked up hand but I'm gonna try! IF the primer Fat Boy addiction! goes well I might attempt the color. Wish me luck! LOL

Fat Boy addiction!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Glad to see that you are in business again! Usually, I don't go to motorcycle (not my glass of red wine), but for you I'm doing an exception!
    Where are the pictures? Take care of your hand...
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. spinellid82's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    David
    Hey Roger, thank you for the look in. I haven't gotten far enough for any pictures yet. I've barely managed to get bit of primer Fat Boy addiction! sprayed on some of the "sheet metal". Once I get the color on and finished I'll get some pictures posted.

Fat Boy addiction!
    USMC, Retired

QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. PaulW's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Paul
    PaulW here after long absence, been building R/C scale ships, but not before working my way through a collection of Tamiya Fat Boy addiction! 1/6 scale bikes. I've done a couple of the fatboys and they are a delightful kit. Such accuracy. Did one in satin black but sold it to a guy who had an Arnie doll! Second one is in a satin metallic Fat Boy addiction! cream as there is one like it in the area. Looks a treat. Working headlight switched from the tank ignition. Just about to have a go at another Citroen Traction Avant as a rusty one. Look forward to how you go with the Harley.
    QUOTE QUOTE #6