Close

Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Nov 2017 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  (1 votes - 5.00 average) Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-16-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Its done.........after 8 months its finally done. I am very happy with how it turned out. Notice the bike is sitting on pennies....I did not want to set up on the uneven picnic table, the bike will stand up, and lean on its kickstand. I hope you all like it.

This shot shows the reworked Revell Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished foot controls. They were cut apart and detailed with RB Motion stuff. Notice the link on the master cylinder. You can also see the added bolt detail on the engine case and rocker covers.

Same on this side,

Heres a look at the primary. Belt is a rubber band. Also notice the bolt detail on the clutch and the rear brake line.

Here is a shot of the big Metzler 300 tire.

Gee........its done and now I am wondering what I am going to fret over now. ;D
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That is definitely a wild bike. Yes, I like it.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. Mas's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Tom
    Nice Bike!! Very well done man! The chrome turned out real pretty too! I'm not sure about how much seat there is to ride on tho. Driving a hard-tail is bad enough with a nice comfy seat, I would not go very far before I would have to hit the o'l rest stop driving this one man.. LOL. The green looks good too but when I was riding, green was always considered bad luck. But then ya have to be superstitious first hua. :O)

Looks great,, I'm just mess'en with ya cuz its looks so cool!! :)
    Thanks for listening,

"Mas"

QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. jackhammer50's Avatar Member
    Name
    jack
    Beautiful. Love the paint. How did you do the flames? especially the pin strips? Are those the decals?
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Excellent work mate! Very nice detail. I like the springs on the cable, and the copper oil lines. Are the nuts & bolts from 'Scale Hardware'? Is all that chrome from the kit or did you spray it? I don't see any seams or join lines. Well done!
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Privateer's Avatar Active Member
    Hey Guys....thanks for the nice words! First of all I am glad I don't have to ride this thing too.. I don't think it would be pleasant. As to the flames they are decals, they have about 4 coats of Tamiya Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished pearl Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished clear and about 12 coats of Tamiya Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished clear over them. The decal Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished lines totally disapeared under all that clear and the pearl Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished effect blends them into the pearl Vintage "Chain Gang" chopper finished in the green great . They look like paint. All the bolt and hardware came from RB Motion, awsome stuff let me say. Rob got me his product very fast and the things are beautifully machined. And finally the chrome......every piece of chrome was stripped, cleaned up and modified then sent to Chrome Tec.
    Last edited by Privateer; 08-28-10 at 12:41 AM.
    :cool: HIGH SPEED-LOW DRAG MODELS!:cool: http://highspeedlowdragmodels.bravehost.com/index.html
    QUOTE QUOTE #6