Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Jan 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/12 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 06-13-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Supported Includes Transkit Restoration

I'm building the Revell 1/12th Harley Custom Chopper 'RM Kustom' 'Torch' Chopper kit here.
      I bought this kit quite a few years ago for my son to build, but not long after he started it he lost interest and gave it back to me. It sat on the shelf for a long time before I opened the box to have a look at what he had done with it. For some reason I started to fiddle with a few parts and before I knew it, I had started to work on it and it just went on from there.
      I'll start this from the very beginning and show you what Jake had done before I got to it. This is a partial rebuild as he had done some work but not much, so I stripped it back and started all over again.

I'm sure many of you have seen this box before-

1/12th Harley Custom Chopper

Build Photos

1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-1-box-art-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    I've made the oil tank look a little more realistic by wrapping chrome self adhesive vinyl around the middle part and then adding photo etched weld lines around the ends and across the middle. Then I used the trusty old coke can to make a couple of straps/brackets to hold the tank in place. This oil tank is 30mm long and 11mm diameter.

Attached Images Attached Images 1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-img_0041-jpg  1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-img_0045-jpg 
    Bull dust, blowflies, & the outback. Heaven on earth!
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    With the frame done and the basic part of the engine complete, they can be put together. The extra engine detail can be added now that it's in place.

Attached Images Attached Images 1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-2015-01-03-22-23-40-jpg  1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-2015-01-03-22-24-04-jpg  1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-2015-01-03-22-23-09-jpg  1/12th Harley Custom Chopper-2015-01-03-22-24-36-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. shadetree's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Marc
    Is this done.
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. Dr Dave's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    David
    Yes it is Marc. Sorry I didn't get back here to finish off the thread. I will do it when I get the chance, and that isn't very often, but I will try to push myself to make time for it. Life has just been so hectic for some time now. Last year I didn't get a single model finished.

QUOTE QUOTE #20