Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ardun Kits V8 V12

1. Ardun Kits V8 V12 Details »»

Ardun Kits V8 V12

Builder Last Online: Jan 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: Unknown Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-09-13 Build Revisions: Never

Hi Gang,

I have been building models since the 50s. Seen a lot of changes in the hobby, some good, some exciting, and some not so good and some that make you go... HuWhathe were they thinking.????

A few years back I had the opportunity to purchase a Big Deuce kit, needing the tires for another model project. With the tires I got a lot of other stuff that Monogram thought would be useful too, like a whold car and two engine options.

Of course, never being content with just building the model, my mind went of on some tangents and I got all excited about making a really cool 1/8 scale Ardun powerd belly-tank lakster. then one day I was checking out this SMC site and someone was talking about an Ardun headed Lincoln V-12 with a Potvin blower setup. That just took hold of my fragile mind and twisted in all sorts of ways.

You might say I do thing the hard way, or maybe I just like the challenge and satisfaction of doing hand work, but most of the parts of my models are hand shaped and sanded. I use a lot of RenShape 460, styrine, abs, brass, steel, wood etc.

Ok, so that just puts a little scratch in the surface of my background. I do commission model and CAD work and only reciently have been offering these 1/8 engine kits on the-bay, and have getten some very encouraging responces.

I intend to sell my products here on a sort of subscription basis, if that is the right word for it. I will gather orders and do a production run when I get enough orders. I am still thinking it through so I would appreciate suggestions from you pros, (with all due respect, you guys make some insane machines!)

I am also very interested in what would interest the rest of you 1/8 rodders out there. I can't and won't promise to do it all, I still have my own agenda . A means to an end sort of thing. Heck I would love to be able to build one of these beasts myself. After some thought I may just use the injected V12 in the belly tanker.

I know this is too long but it is my intro. Here's a little something I'v been playing with in photoshop.

Enjoy.

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

Default Re: Ardun Kits V8 V12

Us old farts take a whole to learn these new fangled computer thingies! Some how I turned off my SMC mail capabilities so now it is on.

"If you live long enough something is bound to work out!"

Here is a couple of shots of the Beast I finally put together for the NNL West show. Lots of fun... Really cool stuff!

the Lincenstein has come a long way from last years model.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Big John; 02-18-13 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Add More Info

Positively gorgeous!
    USMC, Retired

Evil prevails when good men stand idle.

been doing a little work to my new v-12. great pieces. very nice casting . i changed mine a little from what it came to me as. i opted to make it a little more robust on the bottom end so i installed a crank girdle and some cyl. webbing. renamed it the ardun 500 since as a 12 cyl 500+ cubes are possible. it will be blown w/ dual pro mags (only one plug per cyl. though) a large fuel pump and a buzzard catcher injector hat. here's a few spy photo's.

hope you enjoy!
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!

Hope?? Enjoy?? How can we not love this? Take an awesome engine and make it better, life is good!
    USMC, Retired

thanks for the kind words, dave! glad you like it. i'm thinking it belongs in a salt flat car. maybe a schwoopie '32 kinda thing goin' on. what do you think?
    never poke a sleeping bear with a pointed stick!

Wholly Molly Dave !!!! A little robust ?....That thing is off the hook...
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...

32 would look sweet or maybe more of a streamliner. Either way, salt flat cars are cool!
    USMC, Retired

Just had to take another look....All I can say is....
    I have done so much, With so little, for so long, I can do anything with nothing...

Just imagine Dave's magic touch on a Bonneville Speedster powered by this beast!
    USMC, Retired

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast