Close

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riva Aquarama

Builder Last Online: Mar 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-06-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Since mid 2008 I'm busy with building the RIVA Aquarama of Amati. It is an Itallian wooden speedboat with 2 engines from the beginning of the 1970's. As you can see, I have allmost finished with the first planking, only need to finish the back and need to sand the whole hull. When first planking is finished , I can start with the second. I 'm not adding any extra detail as the kit is already very good and I'm concentrating on getting the basic skills, as this is my first model. I have installed 2 electric motor + speedcontrol + servo + receiver to make it Radio Controlled. I have added 3 lights in the front (not standard). I'm sure the original boat must have some lighting at the back and maybe even on the side but I can't find any detail. Does anybody have an idea? Any advise is more than welcome.

Barend

Build Photos

Riva Aquarama-final-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-1-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-2-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-3-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-4-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-5-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-6-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-7-jpg  Riva Aquarama-riva-phase-8-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. whodaky's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Geoff
    Nice work Barend, can't wait to see it completed!
    Geoff aka whodky

2. Ton's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Ton
    Barend,

Here is the historic archive of Riva boats

Riva

Groet

Ton

3. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Barend

Please Email me at rick21142@shaw.ca.

Rick

4. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I needed a break from the Willys so thanks to some encouragement from Barend and a great little hobby shop in Italy, I'm now building an Amati Riva Aquamarina runabout. I ordered the kit on line and payed via Pay Pal and four days later it arrived here.

This is a wonderful kit with very good instructions in both Italian and English. The parts are all well marked and easily pressed out of each sheet. I've built several Dumas kits in the past and they are good, but don't compare to the Amati line. This is an expensive kit but its going to be fun.

Over the last two days I've laid the keel and attached the ribs. Its time consuming but the quality of the parts and instructions makes it pretty easy to build.........so far.

Barend's boat is radio controlled and mine will be static. This will be a long build, but I'll let you follow along as I progress through each step.
    Attached Images Attached Images Riva Aquarama-002-jpg 

5. John's Avatar Established Member
    Name
    John
    Barend and Rick I am really pleased to see two guys working on such a classic design. I look forward to future posts.
    Cheers
    John

6. Herman's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Herman
    If you need any info on the Riva Aquarama, there is a guy on the Bugattibuilder.com forum, with nickname "rivaaquarama" (how appropiate...) who knows quite a lot of these boats. He is an active member, so if you need info feel free to contact him.

7. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Thanks Herm. I've sent him a message.

8. barend's Avatar Active Member
    Rick,

Can you let me know what you find out from this guy. Don't want to bother him with the same questions.

Barend

9. Well.. Guess what… The nickname of this guy is also rivaaquarama on this forum… and his E-mail address…

rivaaquarama@hotmail.com

;-)
    Last edited by rivaaquarama; 02-02-09 at 04:29 PM.

10. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Welcome aboard Martijn. Hope you'll have a good look around and that you'll show us what you're building. Feel free to step in anytime and remember, pictures and tutorials, whether they deal with boats, planes or cars, are always welcome.

Barend......Martijn joins us from the Netherlands and knows of a couple of "real" Riva's moored nearby. He's also got some good liturature that he's willing to share if we need it.

Thanks Martijn!

11. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    I've made a bit of progress on my boat. I'm in the midst of installing brackets and reinforcements and really enjoying the build. There's still a lot of pieces to install after which I'll start to plank the hull.
    Attached Images Attached Images Riva Aquarama-007-jpg 

12. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Ah yes, the planking....that's where the real fun lies.
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com

13. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Welcome aboard Martijn.

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Welcome to the site, Martijn. Jump in any time.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)