Close

Builder Last Online: Jan 2014 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 04-21-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Gday guys,after looking at some of the works of art you are making 'amazing stuff'; I decided to have a go at building one myself.
      My chev and chopper are temporarily on hold while im getting hooked on building with wood.
      This is all scratch built from balsa , I only have a rudimentry plan which I found on " theplanpage.com "
      My scratchbuilding skills are not up to the standard of you guys ,but im getting better,therefore the detail wont be as much as some of the models on here but ill do as much as my patience and skills allow .
      Cheers
      Chris.

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    If you would like more detailed plans - email me. I know there were plan copies shown in past Camel posts but I can't locate them in forums or the gallery. Maybe I could email them to you if you would like.
    Syd

2. Nortley's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Buck
    Hi Chris, It looks like you've built some flying models. Sometimes it seems a shame to cover their framework. Here is one I built quite a while back. I scaled up the 3 view drawing in a book, and used photos and a Revell 1/72 model to help with curves and textures. It actually did fly, but is at present in a crunched condition in a box.
    Attached Images Attached Images Scratchbuilt sopwith camel-0603210105-jpg  Scratchbuilt sopwith camel-0603210106-jpg  Scratchbuilt sopwith camel-0603210121-jpg  Scratchbuilt sopwith camel-0603210124-jpg 
    Scorpio - Builds models the way the prototype should have been built.

3. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Here is a link to my 1/15th scratchbuilt Camel for reference, I to have detailed info if you need some.

Ken Foran : Sopwith Camel F1

Ken

4. ozmale's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks guys,
    As this is my first plane imgoing to keepit relatively simple for now, see how I progress that may change,
    I have looked at your camel page before ken and its just awesome !,dont need any other details as you have it all there.
    Thanks again,ill post some pics when i have a bit more done.
    Chris

5. ozmale's Avatar Active Member
    Progress so far.

6. ritamigo's Avatar Member
    Name
    joe
    Quote Originally Posted by xken View Post
    Here is a link to my 1/15th scratchbuilt Camel for reference, I to have detailed info if you need some.

Ken Foran : Sopwith Camel F1

Ken
    If you could send me some info, I would appreciate it. I am making the Expo kit. What material covers the body? Thanks...

JoeVee@listindustries.com

7. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    The fabric I used is Coverite Fabric; unfortunately they have discontinued the OD color so I used Natural and painted the Green. You will need an iron to apply and get the iron fabric "sock" as well. Be careful not to stretch the fabric too much for it can warp the wings. Once I was finished since I only covered one side I CA'ed the perimeter edge of the fabric to the wood support. This assures the fabric from breaking loose in the future since the contact area is small.

Ken

8. ritamigo's Avatar Member
    Name
    joe
    Why did you only do the top of the wings? I have never used Coverite Fabric. is this a staple at any hobby shop?

JoeVee

9. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    Only half was covered per client request so that from top left side view it appears as a covered aircraft and from the lower right view one can see all the construction details.

As for the Coverite it depends upon how well stocked the store is, look for one that has RC aircraft and they usually would carry it.

Here is a link; http://www.coverite.com/covering/covq0301.html

I used what is now called the "Cream" used to be Natural but also discontinued. Explore this site for the other items you need.

Ken
    Last edited by xken; 05-12-10 at 09:11 AM.

10. suavi's Avatar Member
    Name
    suavi
    Sergilediğiniz çalışmalar, beni model yapmaya teşvik etti.

Çalışmalarınızdan dolayı sizi tebrik ederim.Verdiğiniz bilgiler için teşekkür ederim.