Close

Builder Last Online: Nov 2011 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 01-17-10 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I take these days work on the flyer, 1903, I had stopped because 'the guy wings, continues to grow or shrink, maybe the humidity problems,' do not know if others have had my problem, I thought of ending all ties when they settled, I found on the Internet even a drawing of reinforcements cover the wings, unfortunately I lost the link, but are uncertain about what to do, a test with the sewing thread I was not satisfied, the white wire which is also used Pocher in cars, in the shop site, it might be good?

Build Photos

Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-004-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-008-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-005-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-1903-20flyer-20drawings-20page-201s-jpg 

Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.

1. Lancair IV's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rob
    Looks great Marco
    Rob Byrnes
    Novi, Mi.

On the Bench
    1:48 Monogram B-17 Flying Fortress (Extreem Detail)
    Scratch build Lancair 235

In the planning Stages
    1:48 US WWII Bombers B-26, B-29

Recently Completed
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-36 Apache
    1:48 Tamiya P-51D

2. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    first test to see the effect of the cables that hold the fabric wing, the wire and 'a normal sewing thread to my mother, I do not know' yet where to put the node to avoid bad effects, I have not found a picture for a comparison, what I'm doing can 'be realistic?
    Attached Images Attached Images Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-002-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-005-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-006-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-008-jpg 

3. xken's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Kenneth
    When using the sewing thread, drag the thread across a bar of beeswax anfd then through your fingers, this gets rid of all the little hairs on the thread. Then when you string your lines for turnbuckles I use 1/32" tube and thread first through the tube, through the attaching loop or hole then back through the tube using a needle threader from a sewing store and attach a little fishing lead weight to the end of the line to hold tight and touch a drop of CA to the thread in the tube. Look at my Sopwith Camel.

Ken

4. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    xken thank you very much, I never thought about the wax, you QUACH Council for clla to use? I usually use glue to cyan, sometimes even with a catalyst spray

5. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    I have a question to ask those who have finished the flyer Model A. installation was indicated in the instructions to make two holes in the frame structure and canard and fix everything, but so 'doing everything remains rigid. I gave him a stir thought that originally the canard was mobile. and 'a correct solution oe' correct in its fixed position as per instructions above MA? the picture shows the holes that were dictated by the instructions,
    Attached Images Attached Images Flyer 1903 finitur-fori-flyer-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-010-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-011-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-flyer-002-jpg 

6. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    I tried to attach the cables to draw the canvas, but the aesthetic result does not satisfy me, I also tried to make a partial coverage of the wings,

7. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    I tried to cover part of the wing with the silk in my house, but the result 'was unnatural,

8. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    finito il mio volantino, il lavoro supplementare che non mi piaceva la tela, come ho preferito lasciare la scatola, ho ripreso il mio albatross, ma ho dovuto lasciare subito, non puo 'fornire un adesivo che diventa chiaro quando asciutto, che ho usato flyer per il colore della cambiato, bene su legno scuro, ma molto male su legno chiaro esteticamente di respingere, per le navi tempo continuo.
    Attached Images Attached Images Flyer 1903 finitur-scale-motor-flyey-025-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-scale-motor-flyey-022-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-scale-motor-flyey-040-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-scale-motor-flyey-050-jpg  Flyer 1903 finitur-scale-motor-flyey-048-jpg 

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey marco, that's an absolute first rate model. I love the way you have it in the display case. It's definitely museum quality and there's no question about that. That's the kind of thing I live and breath for.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)

10. marco m's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    marco
    Thanks, but I apologize to you my devotion discontinuity 'and my photos simple

11. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's never a problem here. You've done a fantastic job.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)