Close

Builder Last Online: Dec 2009 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 10-05-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

I've just created an album with photos of a 1:48 Boeing Model 299. It's made entirely of card, paper and some toothpicks.

Click here, or copy this link to have a look:

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...prototype.html

Comments welcome.

Anthony
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Rick's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Cool! Thats the type of build we'd love to see in progress photos of along with a tutorial.

Nice work, keep it coming.

2. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    That's the first and only model I've ever seen for the 299. It looks great. Yes, keep 'em comin'
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)

3. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    Amazing finish - had no idea this could be done with card board nor the rocket tower posted earlier. Thought cardboard was just for kids with juvenile results. New medium for the site?
    Syd

4. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Syd, I built a bunch of the Wrebbit kits and the results are frankly way above what I expected...besides it's just plain fun. My wife asked one time if I was resorting to playing with paper dolls. I bought her the Harley kit they had out and told her to build it.

Now she wants more kits.....guess I just never know when to leave well enough alone.
    She's taken over my old hobby room and now I have to find another place for my 'puter. LOL
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com

5. Swampfox's Avatar Active Member
    Sorry I didn't get back to comment sooner. I live in the mountains of Colorado and we've had some unexpected snow in the last 24 hours. I had some outdoor work to get done before it really starts falling so haven't had a chance to read the forum until this afternoon.

Thanks for the comments and interest in card modeling. There are many models available on lots of subjects... Some of the more complicated models are of Formula race cars and motorcycles.

I'll get a list of useful sites that might be of interest to other members and you can check them out as you wish.

I'll be back with info.

Anthony