Close

Posted images of Wright Flyer
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Posted images of Wright Flyer Posted images of Wright Flyer Posted images of Wright Flyer Posted images of Wright Flyer Posted images of Wright Flyer
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Dec 2009 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 09-23-09 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

Just a quick note to mention that I created an album with some images of my 1:16 Hasagawa Wright Flyer.

Here is the link to my album:

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...gawa-1-16.html

Thanks,
      Anthony
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. strevo's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Steve
    Anthony,
    We can get to the album. All anyone has to do is to either go to the gallery and search under member galleries for yours, or click on your screen name and click on the link to your album within your description page. Thanks for posting up the photos. They look great!
    -Steve
    "Success and failure are the same choice; only attitude determines the difference." Ross A. Halliday

2. sydeem's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Sydney
    There is probably a better way to get there but here is a link to your gallery. I posted it because that was really a great model you produced and worth anyone's while to view. Just might generate new interest in building one.

http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...gawa-1-16.html
    Syd

3. Lancair IV's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Rob
    Nice Flyer.....I'm still trying to figure out how to display mine.

Rob Byrnes
    Novi, Mi.

On the Bench
    1:48 Monogram B-17 Flying Fortress (Extreem Detail)
    Scratch build Lancair 235

In the planning Stages
    1:48 US WWII Bombers B-26, B-29

Recently Completed
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-51A
    1:48 Accurate Miniatures P-36 Apache
    1:48 Tamiya P-51D

4. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    You can also right click your mouse over the enlarged Image then copy the URL. Go back to your post and enter the URL by clicking the little mountain image in the tools.

Once you get the hang of it its very easy and the site automatically re sizes it.

5. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Anthony, that's great work. Last month I got to go to the Air Force Museum and saw a portion of the propellor for the flier that crashed in 1908. You got the finish on yours dead on.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)

6. Swampfox's Avatar Active Member
    " Last month I got to go to the Air Force Museum and saw a portion of the propellor for the flier that crashed in 1908. You got the finish on yours dead on."

That's because in 2002, I spent the entire year visiting every museum in the US that had any artifact related to the Wright Brothers and I saw the very same piece of propeller that you refer to. Glad to hear that I nailed it!

Thanks,
    Anthony

7. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Now that's what I call really doing your research, Anthony. I go to the AF Museum often since I'm only 2 1/2 hours away. I usually hang out in the WWII section taking loads of pics.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)

8. Swampfox's Avatar Active Member
    Do you go by Hot Rod or Coupe or both;-)

I've been to the USAFM or the MUSAF, what ever it's new name is now, 5 times in the last 20 years. There are always the "usual" a/c on display and then there are always 6 or so new a/c that are always a thrill to see. It is my favorite museum.

It must be great living so closes. I envy your situation......

9. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Anthony. Actually, you can call me Jeff. Otherwise, I go by hot ford coupe or HFC.
    They're always adding to the displays at the AF Museum. Even with the usual a/c there, there's always something I didn't see each time I go. My favorite exhibit is the WWII painted A2 jacket section.

10. Swampfox's Avatar Active Member
    Jeff, I know the jackets you mention. Probably one of the best collections I've seen. They have several more on display than the NASM in Washington D.C. had 7 years ago.

Have you ever been to Udvar-Hazy in Reston, Va. ? Now they have some really historical a/c there. Check it out if you haven't. It's almost as good as the Air Force Museum in Dayton, but way more crowded.