Close

Introduce Yourself
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself – all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself Introduce Yourself
Accepted Payment Types

Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1796
  1. DavidM's Avatar Member
    Name
    David
    Hi All,
    I just started assembling the Pocher Ducati Paginale. Anyone else doing this?
    QUOTE QUOTE #1756

2. The Cameraman's Avatar Member
    Name
    Stuart
    Hi Guys n Gals,

a very warm hello from Lancashire, England.

It's been well over three decades since I last built any form of a kit. I've been building up my stash of 1/72 Introduce Yourself scale Airfix DHC-2 Beavers, being my all-time favourite aircraft and I've got a few basic kits to start practising on.

So why have I joined up here, I hear you ask? Well it's because I've just found that in the 3rd quarter of 2016, Heller will be putting the beautiful 1/8th scale Yamaha TY125 into production, so that will need to be my first proper, and long term build.

I saw the wonderful work by Dr Dave on his TY125 so I'm looking forward to see what I can do to do it justice.

Kindest regards

Stuart
    Last edited by The Cameraman; 02-01-16 at 03:03 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1757

3. 79spit's Avatar Member
    Name
    jay
    Hey there..new here...was an addict on plastic cars when a kid . Built many many kits...out of it for about 35 years until I saw the new laser cut wood and metal western models..starting building those the last year and a half..decided to start collecting and building...have about 300 models now mostly cars..then got hooked on pochers..have several of those...working on a spyder right now and a bianchi coupe de vil...when purchased it had parts missing and broken so now I am ki nd of into scratch repairing...my goal at some point is to build dioramas based on child hood memories...I grew up in the 70's..so I got to experience muscle cars firsthand!..my first diorama will be some guys I new putting a 440 six pack from a car they wrecked into a 50's pickup!...thanks and maybe I will do some posting of my builds but not sure where to start..I will try to attach a few of my recent builds.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1758

4. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    Hi I am new to this page. I am working for a Protar Mefistofele at this time.Almost done but need decals. I also build large scale biplanes,Pocher engines & cars,& Tamiya Introduce Yourself motorcycles as I raced bikes in the old days. I am now retired in South Carolina
    QUOTE QUOTE #1759

5. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Hi All,
    I just started assembling the Pocher Ducati Paginale. Anyone else doing this?
    We love to see some pictures of your build, start a new thread
    QUOTE QUOTE #1760

6. bikedan631's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dan
    The car as test a build. Test fitting the engine.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1761

7. Logan20's Avatar Member
    Name
    James
    Hello I grew up with hobby stores and miss them. I have built cars and aircraft I love them all. I have been away from some years nown but I am back now and the big reason I found a Porcher Rolls Royce Phantom ll open box. Seeing I maybe able to get parts now that might be missing has me wanting to finish her up and get her out of that box.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1762

8. CAFox's Avatar Member
    Name
    Charles
    After decades of mainly plastic model cars, plus dabbling in resin Introduce Yourself and white metal, and most recently motorcycles, I'm jumping off the end into the deep water. I intend to start with a 1/9 scratch of a Norvin (Norton Featherbed frame holding the monster Vincent 1000cc V-twin). But I'm learning tons from a guy who builds REAL bikes, 1/1 Introduce Yourself , mainly Triumphs, which probably means the Norvin will have a Triton partner . . . if I live long enough. Pushing 76 and still enjoying the hobby my dad turned me on to close to 70 years ago.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1763

9. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Thanks for your presentation; just a question: why 1:9 which is very unusual. Why not 1:8 or 1:10? Anyway, enjoy the build!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1764

10. CAFox's Avatar Member
    Name
    Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Zimmermann View Post
    Thanks for your presentation; just a question: why 1:9 which is very unusual. Why not 1:8 or 1:10? Anyway, enjoy the build!
    Cheating! There are a number of kits in 1/9 -- kits that could save me a great deal of time and trouble if I just build (or modify) them.

Mainly, though, it's to get tires in the right configuration, plus a Featherbed frame to copy.

But don't tell, okay?
    QUOTE QUOTE #1765

11. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    OK, I was not aware of that...Seems that I don't look too much for kits!
    You can indeed spare a lot of time if you don't have to build every parts for your model...
    QUOTE QUOTE #1766

12. CAFox's Avatar Member
    Name
    Charles
    Roger, the kits -- mostly difficult to build -- still have a fascinating variety of engines in them. Good to borrow for quick café racer projects. Then there are gas tanks, oil tanks, the occasional fender (they're mainly racers) and the all-important clutch, brake and shifter levers.

The worst thing: they're damnably expensive!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1767

13. thunderdawg's Avatar Member
    Name
    Richard
    I joined scalemotorcars yesterday. I have been building model kits since I was hmmm maybe 6 or 7 and am now getting close to 72. I have an ALFA Romeo kit that was given to me almost 40 years ago and now am finally thinking about building. My research into starting that project brought me to this forum. Looking forward to what I can learn and maybe someday to contribute to this forum. As to my background, I worked in aerospace/defense for about 40 years, and have been a certified gunsmith here in Prescott, AZ for a bit over 5 years.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1768

14. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Welcome thunderdawg! We must have the same age...
    QUOTE QUOTE #1769

15. thunderdawg's Avatar Member
    Name
    Richard
    Thank you, Roger!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1770