Close

Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Welcome to the site 3 Star. I'm looking forward to see what you do with the K 82. That's the kind of stuff we live and breathe for here .
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #16

2. little gŁ's Avatar Active Member
    Hi all
    My name is GŁnther, I live in vienna (Austria). I`m 52 years old - and I know, my english is not the best. I started modellbuilding as a boy (don`t know what age exactly) with building houses for my modelltrain. Than I start building what I get - historical ships, plaines, military vehicles etc. After this I loose interrest - you know, the first girlfriend - the first car - the first motorcycle - disco and all this stuff. Then, I`ve got a birthday-present from my first wife before our son was born in the early 80`s - a wooden HMS-Victory kit. I never finished it. After this I change to the 1/1 Introduce Yourself car section and built a replica of the Alfa-Romeo Monza (like Xken`s). I`ll show some pic`s in the real-car section soon. The love for the modellcars came back and I built a lot of vintage cars in 1/24. In the meantime I bought my first Harley and made a lot of money with my airbrush Introduce Yourself -works. 1993 I started tattooing. 2002 I quit my job as a paramedic for a fulltime Tattooartist. Now - a second Harley and two wifes later - I`ll be more than glad to be a member of this great site.
    Thank you all, for sharing your knowledge with us gluebomber
    regards - little gŁ
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

3. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    You'll fit right in with this crowd little gu. I'd love to see some of your too's....besides if you're into Harleys.......oh well there I go babbling again.:)'
    Grandpa McGurk.....Steppin' Large and Livin' easy.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

4. little gŁ's Avatar Active Member
    Don, if you would have a look at my Tat-work have an eye on Bodydekor - DAS Tattoo & Piercing Studio!.
    This is my website. There are pic`s from my wife, me an a little galery.
    little gŁ
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

5. HI! I'm 60 years old, retired teacher...been building cars, ships ,planes,dioramas for 20 years..Have scratchbuilt various types of period ships, steamboats, half hulls, just did Model Airways 1/16 scale Albatros with WW 1diorama of hanger/ workshop..Presently working on Bluejacket Shipcrafters OLYMPIA, and several 1934 Endeavour half- hull sailboats .. do alot of 1/32 scale WW2 plastic aircraft. I also restored several full sized British cars, 57 MGA coupe, which I vintage raced for 11 yrs, a 57 MGA roadster and a 63 XKE..now I restoring a rare Honda 1971 SL125KO enduro, a twin to the one I just purchased with 51 original miles!! Also try to sneak in some fishing and hunting in my "spare" time..I'm looking to sell my Pocher k88 (?) (red with yellow wheels) which I took on partial trade for a ship, and possibly my Pocher Bugatti red and black ,for fair market value..call or E-mail me
    Thanks
    John Coryea
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

6. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Glad to see you here, John. We'd love to see some pictures of what you've built especially the 1:1 Introduce Yourself stuff. :)'
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #21

7. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    My name is Cameron, and I am fairly new to modeling. As most kids do, I built models when I was young. I never finished one, or painted one properly. Abotu 6 months ago, I picked up a couple of 1/24 scale models to take me away from my outrageously expensive RC hobby. I was instantly hooked. I still havent finished any, but I am making progress on several.

I remembered my dad had a couple of old large scale models, and went digging through his storage. I found the Monogran 1/12 57 Chevy, and the 1/8 65 Corvette Stingray. Both need some TLC.

I hope to learn many things here, and I am in awe at the models I have seen from you guys.
    QUOTE QUOTE #22

8. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey Cameron. Glad to have you here. Looks like you found some gold in your dad's stash. Bring them out and have a go. If you need help with the resurrection, give us a holler.
    QUOTE QUOTE #23

9. Hemi Killer's Avatar Active Member
    Oh, I will need some help alright. They need to be disassembled without being broken. I will post pictures and stuff in another thread when I get to them, which will be soon I hope.
    QUOTE QUOTE #24

10. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Whatever help you need, don't hesitate to ask. If the original builder used tube glue, I've heard some of the guys say to put it into the freezer for a while and the glue will chip off easily. I've never tried it myself but others swear by it. Another thing we could do is score the joints with a #11 blade until you cut through. In any case, we'll give you all the info you need to build a great restoration.
    QUOTE QUOTE #25

11. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    The freezer deal does work.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #26

12. oldcarman's Avatar Member
    Name
    John
    I have been a long time street rodder, & was published in the seminal Bob Ames book: Vintage Model Race Cars, which is the whole history of tether car racing. These cars ran .6" C.I., 10cc, 2 stroke motors, in cars that weighed about 6#. They were attached to a center pole with heavy piano wire & ran on a 70' dia circle. Before WWII, they ran around 70 MPH, & hit a max of 156 MPH by the mid-1950's. I have been reproducing the last production car, the Dooling Brothers Arrow, making various parts for it after the intial run in the early '90's, of 30 complete kits. It has been mainly a collectors market since the '80's. The sport has experienced a small resurgence in running the cars again, due to the reactivation of some vintage classes by the American Miniature Race Car Association, since the architecture changed in the 70's. You can find out a lot more by going to their website at www.AMRCA.com. I do have a couple of webpages on their links pages, showing some of the parts I make. I am very interested in the history of these cars, tracks, and the people that built and ran them. I would love to discuss anything you have on this subject!
    John S (AMRCA member & past MECA member)
    Last edited by oldcarman; 02-24-09 at 03:17 PM. Reason: More info...
    QUOTE QUOTE #27

13. Don Garrett's Avatar Asst. Administrator
    Name
    Don
    Hey there oldcarman, thanks for signing up and welcome to the forum. You've come to right place as you will see. Our Admin. guy is into vintage tether cars also. Feel free to make yourself at home as we here at SMC have many diversified interests. Look around, hang your hat by the door and start posting.
    TDRinnovations.com
    QUOTE QUOTE #28

14. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    Hey oldcarman. Glad you signed up with us. Tether cars are definitely an area that could use some more exposure. Like Don says, go ahead and post all you want. We're a very user friendly site. :)'
    QUOTE QUOTE #29

15. OZAJ's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Allan
    As the title says i have been away from the site for 12 months or so but have now started building again.
    I was retrenched from my job of 18 years in dec 2007 and at 53 i thought it would be hard to find another job but as things happened a Hobby Shop opened at the same time just 1KM from my place and i have been working there since Jan 2008.
    I am now in the process of finishing my 32 ford which was started back in 2007(i didnt realise it has been that long ago).I will post picture as i go in my original thread,Aussie 32.
    Catch you all later
    QUOTE QUOTE #30