Close

Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121
Results 1,801 to 1,814 of 1814
  1. IbuildScaleModels's Avatar Member
    Name
    Justin
    Hi Everyone, Justin here. I'm new here and I build scale models. The GT40 MKII Ken Miles (chassis 1015) is one of my favorite cars out there. I am in the process of super detailing a Fujimi Introduce Yourself I'm new here! Ford GT40 MKII Ken Miles edition 1/24 scale model and I joined this forum in hopes to find more information out there. I know it isn't an easy task, but I am sure someone will be able to help me out! Thanks!

This is my current build log:
    http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/t...kii-ken-miles/
    Normally I build 1/144 gundams. From time to time I dabble in car, motorcycle and military builds.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1801

2. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    I can't see the link - it comes back as unknown. I can help with colours though. If you mean the 1966 MkII car, it was Ford Arcadian Blue, with a dark blue chassis. As it was a Shelby car the details are mostly similar to the no. 2 car. The Holman and Moody and Alan Mann cars are different in lots of details - don't use them for reference!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1802

3. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    I can't see the link - it comes back as unknown. I can help with colours though. If you mean the 1966 MkII car, it was Ford Arcadian Blue, with a dark blue chassis. As it was a Shelby car the details are mostly similar to the no. 2 car. The Holman and Moody and Alan Mann cars are different in lots of details - don't use them for reference!
    You can see my 1/12 scale build here http://www.scalemotorcars.com/forum/...gt40-mkii.html
    QUOTE QUOTE #1803

4. chepp's Avatar Member
    Name
    Charley
    I'm a long-time 1/25 model car builder (from childhood in the late '50s). Mostly, I build traditional style hot Introduce Yourself rods and customs. My customs are typically cars that could have been built in the '60s but look like nothing that was actually built, as far as I know. For example, here's a '60 Ford bubble-topped 3-wheeler:
    Introduce Yourself-25378229828_bcaaee23ef_b-jpg

Here's my latest project, a '66 Riviera.
    Introduce Yourself-49767229261_d961586c42_b-jpg
    Do the best you can with what you've got.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1804

5. chepp's Avatar Member
    Name
    Charley
    This is for Pantablo, post #1795:

Welcome (although I just joined myself). I saw your '65 Riviera at the Spirit of Speed show at the NHRA museum in Pomona, CA last December. Here's a pic so others can see how well it turned out.
    Introduce Yourself-49009679217_e997893449_b-jpg
    It's great to see that you reproduced the unusual door of the Riviera that had the outer skin as a separate piece. Your model looks great!
    Do the best you can with what you've got.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1805

6. Pantablo's Avatar Member
    Name
    pablo
    Quote Originally Posted by chepp View Post
    This is for Pantablo, post #1795:

Welcome (although I just joined myself). I saw your '65 Riviera at the Spirit of Speed show at the NHRA museum in Pomona, CA last December. Here's a pic so others can see how well it turned out.
    Introduce Yourself-49009679217_e997893449_b-jpg
    It's great to see that you reproduced the unusual door of the Riviera that had the outer skin as a separate piece. Your model looks great!
    thank you for the kind words.
    In my research I kept coming across the outer skin missing on these cars and figured it was a thing specific to these. So I had to replicate that. Iím really happy how it came out. I actually built it for a buildoff where everyone had to use the same kit. I did well there, getting 2nd place.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1806

7. Banditclone's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Ron
    I'm ron. Trans am collector. Have many trans ams. From 1:1 Introduce Yourself scale to HO scale. Even a micro machines trans am which is smaller than HO. 1/8 scale trans ams are my thing at the moment.
    Last edited by Banditclone; 08-13-20 at 10:26 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1807

8. Banditclone's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Ron
    Been out of the hobby for a while. Mainly interested in 1/8 scale 2nd gen f bodies. Have fabbed 1/8 scale 77-78 nose and tail for pontiac firebird trans am. Was looking for an old thread about a 1/8 80 turbo trans am that was being modified to an early 70's trans am. The nose had been completed and hood started last time I saw thread. Unsure if it was even this forum.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1808

9. Supervan II's Avatar Member
    Name
    Ashley
    Hi. My name is Ashley and I am an addict!

*acknowledges everyone's greeting*

I got this disease when I got my first Meccano set and I have been building scale models since forever. I've built planes, ships, cars, buildings and even locomotives and railroad wagons.

Recently I received a partly-built kit from a deceased estate that I am attempting to build. It is a Pocher Alfa 8C Monza, hence me finding this site whilst doing some research on the 'net.

I am 60 years old and from South Africa.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1809

10. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello Ashley,

Welcome!

Lots of Monza builds here!

Lots of supportive and sympathetic modelers.

60 years? -your certainly not the oldest member, your just in your prime!

Please post your work and show us your solutions to the problems we all discover while trying to model that car!

Welcome!

Don, (Model A Model)
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #1810

11. Supervan II's Avatar Member
    Name
    Ashley
    Hi Don,

Seems as if a new build thread is going to be started, but I have advanced quite a bit since I got the kit.

The first, and most distressing, part of this kit was that ALL the parts were removed from their cards and the sub-components were in various states of assembly - and none it seems in sequence as per the (poorly written) instructions!

That is where my previous building experience (and logic) came in handy. Apart from disassembling certain parts to fit others it is progressing nicely, I must say.

Will look into posting some pics soon and elaborating somewhat on some details as I have found/will find them.

Fortunately, I have a keen, young helper in a neighbour's son who is assisting me, so I am very optimistic!
    QUOTE QUOTE #1811

12. Jrunner's Avatar Member
    Name
    John
    Hi, my name is John from Montreal. I have two passions in model building, one is wooden boats, and the other is cars. I love the classic cars, and F1 cars, and have build a few Pocher kits, have some in waiting, and MFH kits. I am presently building one of my favorite F1 cars the Lotus 97T in 1/12 by MFH. I am glad to have found this site, and look forward to seeing, sharing, and learning from everyone on their builds.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1812

13. HowardB's Avatar Member
    Name
    Howard
    Hi everyone, my name is Howard, I live in Johannesburg South Africa and I've been building models since about 7 years old on and off...and that was 43 years ago...

Recently having some 6-months "leisure" time at home, I got back into the hobby, with my first Pocher kit - an F40 - great build and thoroughly enjoyed it and I've decided to do a few more (already purchased; Testarossa and Testarossa Spyder). I'm building them stock, but adding my own scratchbuilt extras, as I cannot afford a transkit right now, nor do I have the time with going back to work.

In my younger days I focused on 1/24 Ferrari's and have added here and there over the years. I also enjoy collecting my favourite cars in1/18 scale, building the collection slowly as I source the right model.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1813

14. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Welcome to the site.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1814