Close

Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120
Results 1,786 to 1,798 of 1798
  1. BBO's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Bob
    Hello-Bob Sargeant - Just purchased an Model Airways Sopwith Camel and looking for advice on doing it the right way. I have done some modeling when a lot younger but interested in getting back at it.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1786

2. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Hi Bob and welcome, we have some members that made the Camel, make a search on the site and look at there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1787

3. LOCO's Avatar Member
    Name
    gregorio
    Introduce Yourself-600px-lamborghini_aventador_engine-jpghola soy Gregorio y estoy esperando que me traigas un pocher aventador HK104, quiero encontrar en este foro toda la información posible para tu construcción un saludo a todos
    Last edited by LOCO; 08-10-18 at 04:26 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1788

4. ivan stasa's Avatar Member
    Name
    ivan
    thanks for adding me to the group i model cars since sixties mostly race cars.I am redoing Lola T 70 from Tamiya Introduce Yourself and looking to make it Mark Donohue.
    Some of my work of oldies i have made almost 40 years ago.I am almost 70 years old.
    Ivan.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1789

5. Matthew's Avatar Member
    Name
    Matthew
    Hello all.
    Built a few smaller scale automotive kits over the years as a distraction from the 12 " to the foot type, still have a few in stock for a rainy day, including an inherited partially constructed whitemetal Vauxhall 30-98 which really needs starting afresh. I am sure this material shall involve learning new things like low temp soldering.
    Matthew
    QUOTE QUOTE #1790

6. ColinB's Avatar Member
    Name
    Colin
    Hi all,
    I am a 73 year old from Canada currently building scale RC planes. Have made models since I was about 9 or 10. Do you remember the little Airfix kits you got in a plastic bag at Woolworth's? I made mostly the war birds that were common back in the UK in the fifties. Over the years on and off have built other aircraft, cars, dragsters and hot Introduce Yourself rods. Since retirement got into balsa stuff and doing my best to fly them. Between you and me I think I am a better builder than a pilot but when I see the skill level on this site it makes me question my own skill level! But then it always gives one a challenge and a level to strive for. Stumbled on this site and looked real interesting. Looking forward to seeing what other folks are building and sharing ideas and tips. As they say "you're never too old to learn". Right?
    QUOTE QUOTE #1791

7. Shaun's Avatar Member
    Name
    Shaun
    Hey there!! I hope you're all doing well!! 54 years young, haven't built a model in many years, but I'd like to change that and revisit the hobby that I loved from the time I was about 8 until I was about 14, then I learned about females. Anyway, none of my models survived and I wasn't very good at it, but I really enjoyed myself, can't wait to learn and get started!! Thanks again, Shaun
    QUOTE QUOTE #1792

8. Kurt's Avatar Member
    Name
    Kurt
    Hi, My name is Kurt . I’m 68 and live in NJ and have been scale modeling everything cars, planes, tanks, military miniatures and ships since about 7 years old.For the past 10 years mostly ships (sticks and string variety). I can remember seeing 2 Pocher models built up on display in a real hobby shop ( when they existed). I miss being able to go to one and just see what’s new and talk to anyone there. That was 1973, and to build one has been on my bucket list since then. Unfortunately they’re always out of reach. I recently noticed an Airfix Bentley Blower on EBay and after reading some “builds” around the internet and here of course, figured it should make a fine substitute. I love the time period of the pre WW2 cars. So I’m waiting on it’s arrival. In the meantime I’m wading through everything at this site.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1793

9. TSKieffer's Avatar Member
    Name
    Terrence
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaleMotorcars View Post
    Welcome to Scalemotorcars
    Hello and welcome to the Scalemotorcars Forum. Thank you for registering.

Please start by posting a little about yourself.

For example. I've been building since I was 8 years old. Model cars were all I wanted for Christmas and I remember getting about 30 kits that year. When I was 12 my Uncle found a Pocher RR at a yard sale, he took one look at all the tiny parts and knew it was for me. After that I would never build the same way again. I was hooked and never went back to the small scale kits. In 1998 I started SMC to share with the WWW my passion for building.
    Thats it. Now its your turn.

Here are some links to help you finish setting up your profile.[B]Lastly, please be sure to READ, the forum rules. This is a family site and open to anyone interested in building. Lets keep it a friendly place.[/B]
    Hi ScaleMotorcars Subscribers, Thank You for allowing me to be a Member of Your Group. My car and airplane modeling days go all the way back to the late '50's early '60's and while I am currently at the large scale level with my 454 BBC powered '31 Ford 5 window coupe, I am slowly drifting back to re-collecting many of the AMT Introduce Yourself 3 in 1 model cars that I had collected in the past....

Thanks Again...
    QUOTE QUOTE #1794

10. Pantablo's Avatar Member
    Name
    pablo
    Hello,
    I'm the new guy. Found this forum researching the Citroen 15cv. I got this 1/25 scale model recently and came across the thread here by DominiqueBeerts, building a 1/8 scale version. Quite impressive. I have to say I was floored until I realized it was 1/8 scale, not 1/25 lol. Still quite impressive.

I used to build cars when I was a kid, just a set of Testors paints, a brush and some Testors glue, the good kind you could sniff, lol.
    recently, within the last 12 months (I'm 51 now) I got my two boys interested in models and their screen/video time has drastically reduced. I have them scratch building all sorts of things now. I'm very proud of them. They're 16 and 12. Only in the last few months did I start to really add detail to the models, particularly in rebuilding large parts of promo type models.
    I'm 1to1scalepablo on instagram. My sons are 1to1scalehugo and 1to1scaleleo.

Some sample builds of mine:
    65 Riviera, WIP Introduce Yourself
    Introduce Yourself-_rivi1-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-_rivi2-jpg

75 Datsun pickup (progress photos, now done)
    Introduce Yourself-_d620-1-jpg

69 Ford Galaxie (progress photos, now done)
    Introduce Yourself-_galaxie3-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-_galaxie1-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-_galaxie2-jpg

Cheers!
    Pablo-
    QUOTE QUOTE #1795

11. RobertHall's Avatar Member
    Name
    Robert
    Hi,

New to the forum, I'm Rob Hall, I've been building and collecting models for over 40 years. Ohio native, lived in the Florida Keys, SE Michigan, Colorado and Arizona previously, currently in the Cleveland, Ohio area. I started with Revell Introduce Yourself and Lindberg 1/32nd scale snap kits in the mid 70s as a kid, main areas of interest are 60s-present cars and pickups, US and import, mostly 1/24th and 1/25th. Areas of interest include AMT Introduce Yourself , MPC Introduce Yourself , Jo-Han annuals and reissues as well as JDM subjects from Aoshima Introduce Yourself , Fujimi Introduce Yourself , Hasegawa Introduce Yourself and Tamiya Introduce Yourself ...European subjects from Ebbro, Italeri, etc, vintage race cars, etc. Also collect promos and diecast of all sorts.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1796

12. FIFER's Avatar Member
    Name
    Mike
    Hello all , I am new here , obviously , and 67 years old. I have built plastic on and off since I was 4 years old. My dad helped (built) a Renewal self propelled canon.
    Here is a GMP diecast I recently finished.
    Introduce Yourself-dscn4520-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-dscn4521-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-dscn4522-jpg
    Introduce Yourself-dscn4523-jpg
    QUOTE QUOTE #1797

13. tracer's Avatar Member
    Name
    James
    Hi I my name is Jim I a new member from England to this forum I am interested in model sailing ships and I am currently building Victory in 1/200 scale
    QUOTE QUOTE #1798