Close

1. Bythesid's Avatar Member
    Name
    Steve
    I知 just a baby at all this!
    I live in Sidmouth a Regency town by the sea in Devon UK.
    I served my engineering apprenticeship as a Tool Maker and worked on many small precision projects, this introduction got me interested in models.
    I started to build the Danmark wooden model ship when first married but an accelerating and busy professional life and growing family left no room for time consuming interests.
    A slow rundown towards retirement and a pandemic have given me the time to return to my old love of model making.
    The Denmark has been repaired after the ravages of time and 5 house moves and I知 back to building it again.
    I知 just amazed at how much has changed and the quality of tools and materials is brilliant - my 45 year old billings kit looks basic.
    I致e also acquired a collection of Poscher kits that I am just beginning to understand.
    I知 going to start with an Alpha Romeo Monza. Kit has been partly built by 2 previous owners and is damaged, not fatally, and appears to be complete.
    I知 going to completely strip it back to bare components, catalogue everything and start from scratch.
    Comments, advice, past experiences, pitfalls etc would be extremely welcome. I値l run the Danmark and Monza builds in parallel.
    Thanks.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. JunkGTZ's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Larry
    Welcome! Spent some time in Sidmouth back a dozen or so years ago. Lovely spot. You're in a great place both in Sidmouth and joining this community.

Larry (aka JunkGTZ)
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. Bythesid's Avatar Member
    Name
    Steve
    Thank you Larry for you kind words. I'm feeling my way and as I get more informed I will gain confidence. I find this forum a wonderful source of information and inspiration. Regards Steve
    QUOTE QUOTE #3