Close

1. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    Hello, after lurking around here for some time, I finally have something to contribute. However I don't know if I am posting correctly. I added some information to a thread that someone else started and there was a message that popped up as i was closing the screen that said something about it being reviewed. It was late, and I only caught it briefly. I will wait till the weekend is over then roll the dice again.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Thats correct on reviewed, but it will pop up unless it's to big a message.
    You can start your own thread if you want, with pictures if you click on Go Advance and upload your pictures to the thread, or ask.
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    Ok, Good to know that i did not make it disappear. When you say "to big" is there a guide on limits? I looked for a FAQ but did not find one. I did try to add pictures but they were to big to add so i included a link to an imgur album i made for this.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

4. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    I don't know how big is to big, but I think a novel is to big
    Havn't you got a program like Photoshop to reduce picture size, or set camera to a lower picture size.
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

5. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    I can reduce picture size to upload, but these pictures have rulers in them. Reducing the picture size makes the dimensions unreadable. The max file size is 1mb for a jpg, and these are 20ish mb. The original poster was looking for detailed information on an engine, and I finally got my hands on some.
    QUOTE QUOTE #5

6. Jo NZ's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Jo
    Quote Originally Posted by stompin View Post
    I can reduce picture size to upload, but these pictures have rulers in them. Reducing the picture size makes the dimensions unreadable. The max file size is 1mb for a jpg, and these are 20ish mb. The original poster was looking for detailed information on an engine, and I finally got my hands on some.
    My pictures are regularly 2.5 - 3 mb, they seem to post ok. Have you thought about displaying sections of the original, using snip or something?
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

7. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    This is what i see when i want to add files to a postLong time listner, first time caller-capture-png

the files i am trying to attach are 20+mb. I made an imgur album of them, which cut them down to about 4mb, and put the link into a post. I could make the files smaller, but these are pictures with rulers in them so it means going from 1/16" accuracy to 1/4" at best.

I figured putting the pictures on another site would be ideal. But my the post i tried to make has not shown up, and i am now subscribed to the thread, from posting i guess, so i must have done something wrong for it to be deleted.

I am not trying to break any rules, or make extra work for the site admins, just trying to share some information on an alfa romeo 2300 that i recently got for a project of mine.
    QUOTE QUOTE #7

8. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Yes you need some program like photshop to reduce file size of your pictures, they are way to big, or set the camera to a low size recording.
    Try with 800x600, I think you can download old Adobe Photoshop for free, mine is a old 7.0.
    Last edited by Egon; 10-02-19 at 03:07 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

9. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    ok i tried that and I could not make out the numbers, and the dividing lines were just about gone. I have sent him a private message, with the links and maybe he can share somehow with the rest. Its a shame, I have spent years trying to find pictures with this level of detail, and have access to many more of the engine and car.

it went from being able to clearly see the 1/32" lines to this

Long time listner, first time caller-2300_supercharged_007-crop-jpg

not really much point to be honest.
    QUOTE QUOTE #9

10. Egon's Avatar Moderator
    Name
    egon
    Okay I see now, you need pictures with measurement on it, that's difficult on a large picture like yours, suggestion, take a clouse up picture with details you need.
    You can look at my pictures of a real Rolls Royce in the gallery, like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images Long time listner, first time caller-dscn3100-jpg 
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

11. stompin's Avatar Member
    Name
    tom
    Thats a good idea, and I thank you for the help, unfortunately I am not the one taking the pictures. These are meant to show the overall dimensions and a closeup shot is not going to help there.
    QUOTE QUOTE #11