Close

hello
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

hello hello hello hello hello
Accepted Payment Types

Thread: hello

1. jbwelda's Avatar Member
    Name
    jbwelda
    hello:

I am most interested in this forum and the larger scale models I see here. I have built a few larger scale (I mean 1/8 when I say that) including the Big T, Big Drag, Big Rod and a kustom Big Tub. I am currently working on a highly modified big T with a 3D printed Offenhauser engine I spent a year or so finishing. This was original stuff from TDR hello Innovations, one of the early users of Shapeways. When finished this should more or less mimic a 1/25 similar car I built many years ago.

Lets see if I can post a photo or two

1/25 scale:

hello-u7oa0j-jpg

here is the engine in 1/8 scale:

hello-left-jpg

here is a photo of the big tub referenced above:

hello-ybzdba-jpg

and a photo of the (re)built Big Rod:

hello-xwfdd5-jpg

So, nice to be here and I see some really great work to inspire me!

thanks
    jb
    Last edited by jbwelda; 05-25-19 at 11:45 PM.
    QUOTE QUOTE #1

2. MODEL A MODEL's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    don
    Hello JB Weld!

Clean work, nice Offy! Will you be building around that engine? -Don
    -craftsmanship is a lifelong project of
    self-construction and self determination
    QUOTE QUOTE #2

3. jbwelda's Avatar Member
    Name
    jbwelda
    thank you, well see that dust on the stand the engine is mounted on? Kind of a hint!

Actually though, I hope to be inspired by this site enuff to put down my other stuff and kind of get onto that project. I recently was doing some looking and measuring and I think I will shorten the frame here pretty soon in anticipation of building some engine and front end mounts.

thanks again for the interest! I thought I had some photos of the project as it stands but I cannot find them right now.

jb
    QUOTE QUOTE #3