Close

My New Big Deuce.
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 415.00 USD (80%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August, (extended to the end of Septembers). Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

My New Big Deuce. My New Big Deuce. My New Big Deuce. My New Big Deuce. My New Big Deuce.
Accepted Payment Types

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Builder Last Online: Sep 2019 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 2
      Started: 02-02-15 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported

As I mentioned before, I've suspended my Big Red Deuce Tribute thread and decided to do the build a whole different way. Instead of the Big Deuce clone, I decided to make the model as a highboy with the Olds engine, a medium light metallic My New Big Deuce. blue paint job and leather bucket seats, leather side panels and black carpeting. Included here is a picture of one of the seats. The side panels will have the same type of treatment as the seat. This thing should really sparkle. Here's the seat. Hope you like.

My New Big Deuce.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by xken View Post
    Roger, for some fine leather to work with in scale check out women's fine dress gloves which i s goat skin; or another option is Model Motor Cars which sells sheet of fine leather used in the Pocher community.
    Thanks Ken for the suggestion. Maybe you used the leather from the Model Motor Cars; if yes, do you know the thickness from the leather? I did not see either how large the hide is. My goal is to have a skin not thicker than 0.1 to 0.2 mm (0.004 to 0.008"). The interest to that site is that it's possible to have a custom color.
    QUOTE QUOTE #17

2. Roger Zimmermann's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    I actually did use some for 1/12 seats I made.
    You really mean leather from mouse? I wrote that as a joke; maybe it was not!

Quote Originally Posted by hot ford coupe View Post
    I also have some leather that even if I thin it out and stretch it, it would look like the 1/8 seat was upholstered in Brontosaurus skin.
    This could be my next pet, so cute!
    QUOTE QUOTE #18

3. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I've been a little delayed on the build. The wife and I are redoing the interior of our house which includes my basement model workshop. Pops' Garage is no longer an entity. The whole thing will be done up as the 100th Bomb Group Fabrication Shop. I'll still do the large scale cars but will be concentrating more on my first love i.e. large scale WWII USAAF aircraft. I'll snap a few shots when I'm done in a new thread.

My New Big Deuce.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #19

4. hot ford coupe's Avatar VIP/Sponsor
    Name
    Jeffrey
    I finally got my new workbench in place. I finally have a workable area. Let the games resume.

My New Big Deuce.
    Sometimes a handful of patience is worth more than a truck load of brains. Have the courage to trust your own beliefs. Don't be swayed by those with louder voices. W.S. Maugham :)
    QUOTE QUOTE #20

5. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Hows it coming Jeff?
    QUOTE QUOTE #21