Close

oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build
Goal amount for this year: 518 USD, Received: 160.00 USD (31%)
Scalemotorcars is a free and open community devoted to scale modeling. The heart and soul of Scalemotorcars is our global community of over 10,000+ contributors, millions of readers, and donors like yourself all united to share unlimited access to reliable information. Your donations keep Scalemotorcars freely available to everyone.

This years bandwidth costs, hosting service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance cost have a balance of $518 due by the end of August. Please help us keep Scalemotorcars growing by making a donation today.
Thank you.

oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build
Accepted Payment Types

Builder Last Online: Jun 2015 Show Printable Version Email this Page
      Model Scale: 1/8 Rating:  Thanks: 0
      Started: 08-22-14 Build Revisions: Never  
      Not Supported Scratch Built Build in Progress

I started this project secretly and got enough parts gathered up to get started and go at it.
      Show Complete First Post

Show Your Support

• This build may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without author's permission.
        Please note: The first post will be displayed at the top of every page.
    JOIN THE SMC ALLIANCE NOW

1. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    I started with an idea.

Then I got a frame...

I wasted no time putting a TDR IFS on the front end.

Then I got a body gave to me thru some horse trading. I had already had a 3 inch cop to the top. I filled in the rear wheel wells...

I wanted a full fender car this time. So I took a set of front fenders I had left over from a previous build. But they would not fit around the IFS. So I cut the fenders to clear and then I filled in after that...

In the first test fit of it all together, I started to notice some things...

Then I wanted to cut the doors out, so out they came...

I then made a bench seat for it. The seat started here...

And asdvanced to having a frame work completed to be covered later...

One of the things that I noticed during the first test fit, was that the stock hood, hood sides, grill, and grill shell would no longer fit due to I channeled the body down on the frame by 6 inches. So I made one. Itt urned out so well I made hood sides as well.

Here is a comparision fo the stock hood and the custom hood sides. It show how much I would have to cut up a good hood, and that I was not willing to do...

I had to cut and shorten the radiator by 3/4 inch (not scale inch)...

The next thing I noticed in the first test fit was the running boards were too short by a long shot. So after the hood and hood sides...YEP I made new running boards. Here is a couple of shots of the second test fit with all the hand forme new parts...

Well the building never ends. I did not like the looks of the door edge nor the door jams when I cut out the doors. If you look you will see the inconsistency of the thickness of the body. Well that just does not work for me...

So I mad new doors from sheet aluminum. Now the edging is the same thickness all the way around...

Then I needed to move the rear wheel inner panels in-board to clear the rear tires...

I cut windows to be fitted laster, but it is a start...

Now it is time to fix the grill shell issue...

Here is where I put it all together for the third test fit and how the stance is coming out...

I had worked on the door jams. Here is what the jams looked like after cutting out the doors...

And here is the jam after I reworked it...

And the new door with the body mold line on it (I am still working on the final fit) ...

And here it is on the body...

I tried to use a Quick-change, but it was hitting the fuel tank...

I worked on the running boards to fender mounting. I decided that if it worked for Henry it would work for this build...

Today I started to process of covering the seat.

And this is all I have of pictures so far of this build. I have some other stuff done, but the camera needs to charge up so I can take some more pics and post them up.

Thanks for looking.

Rodger

QUOTE QUOTE #2

2. ScaleMotorcars's Avatar Administrator
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks for posting this is a great coupe build. Im looking forward to more pics.
    QUOTE QUOTE #3

3. RickG's Avatar Member
    Name
    Rick
    Nicely done !
    QUOTE QUOTE #4

4. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    Thanks Daniel and Rick.

I got some more done to this build.

I fixed the miss matched tranny mount. In fact I replaced it.
    I got the rest of the "X" member done.
    I am started on the passenger side door and about ready to build the hinges.
    I made spring perches for the rear on both the frame and trailing arms.
    Made radiator mounts to the frame
    Made hood mounts to the body and radiator.
    Took the Ford 9" out of another build I have started and narrowed it down to fit under the coupe.
    Cut the trailing arms to proper length.
    Worked on covering the seat.
    Made the under side supports for the running boards
    Made a pan-hard bar and mounts, it adjusts as needed.

Enjoy the photos.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out the progress.

Rodger

QUOTE QUOTE #5

5. Tage's Avatar Yearly Subscriber
    Name
    Daniel
    Nice work!
    Duke of Burl
    QUOTE QUOTE #6

6. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    Thanks Tage.I am currently taking a break to work on another build. But I will be back on this build soon.

QUOTE QUOTE #7

7. Nice build. I've got the 1/8th Duece bug after discovering TDR oldtinbender's 32 Coupe build Innovations designs. I've attended several car shows this summer for ideas. I'll be following this build for sure!
    QUOTE QUOTE #8

8. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    Thanks dueseylvr,With the TSDR parts these builds can really come to life per say. Their parts are so detailed it is unbelievable. I find more and more that I want when browsing thru their stuff. It really steps up the model building hobby.Glad to have you as a follower. I will be getting back on this build soon.Rodger

QUOTE QUOTE #9

9. joep's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    joe
    Very nice build I especially like the channeling and the stance.
    QUOTE QUOTE #10

10. Bucket T's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Dennis
    Hey Buddy, what is the color or how did you do the tranny pan & bell-housing, it sure looks good.
    Denny
    QUOTE QUOTE #11

11. oldtinbender's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Rodger
    Thanks joep. The stance just sort of came about.

Thanks Bucket T. The color that is on the engine, tranny, and rear end is "Krylon Colormaster" Gloss Burgundy. Yep it is rattle can paint. Not sure as to what color I will end up painting the build once I get back on it and get it finished. I am currently working on another build for Mr. DW. But I will get back on this build before too long. ( I hope ) LOL.

QUOTE QUOTE #12

12. Joe Domanik's Avatar Active Member
    Name
    Joe
    Oldtinbender
    how did you mount the rear fenders? Just glue them or are they bolted to the body? I'm doing a 3 window similar to this.
    QUOTE QUOTE #13